I guess I'm having a good day, but still..

Old 02-28-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I guess I'm having a good day, but still..

Well yesterday I got tired of being sad and crying, so I cleaned my room from top to bottom, threw things out, and stored things for safekeeping. Then when I went to bed, all I thought about was my ex and his son. Then I woke up at 6, and continued to think. I managed to take my first midterm, and study for the rest, as well as go work out with my mom. And the whole time, I just want to cry because I worry about my ex. I worry if his son is doing OK. I wonder if my ex is even thinking about me, and why he isn't affected like I am. I'm so tired of crying myself to sleep, but I don't know how to stop it. Not knowing what he's doing, not knowing if he's thinking about me, and wondering if he's already found someone else (it's only been a month and a half since I ended it) is draining me. I have no sense of closure, and no idea how to get it. Any advice?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Al-Anon and/or therapy. Have you tried either or both?

((()))
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Obsessive thinking will destroy you.

Al-anon is my solution, without a doubt.

Hope, help, and hugs live there. Come and see us.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah hon...only way thru pain is through. My mind gets obsessive too...starts to "loop" and I can't get out of it sometimes. You are feeling your stuff...he is not. He is drinking away his pain...lost in his own hell. Time will heal....feel and honour your feelings. Reach out for support. Know that you will get through this...stronger and better and richer for the experience. Small consolation now...I know. But you will endure this painful part of your life tapestry...and you will rise again.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"But you will endure this painful part of your life tapestry...and you will rise again."

That was something really important for me to hear. I keep thinking to myself, what if I don't make it? What if I'm stuck like this forever? To have someone else who has been through the same thing tell me that, it means a lot. Thank you.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I often think the same thing and cry over the same thing over and over, wishing I could read others' thoughts, wishing I'd get a phone call to make me feel better... But it only makes me more upset when it doesn't happen.

I love this forum, because just reading that other people have gone through the same thing I'm going through, and they've turned out okay and happy with their lives, is something that I need to see to get me through rough times.

I'm going through this with you too, so always remember there are others out there who feel what you feel, or who have at one point