tried to go on a date....am i still 16??

Old 02-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

you were incredibly patient with your "A". Now you can use that gift of patience with _you_, and give yourself permision to heal in your own good time.
Great Point.

Jeri, for me, I am ready (and am) dating, but its not in anticiaption of a serious relationship. Im out there but Im not taking it too seriosuly.

Ill tell you a quick funny...a man I kind of dug picked me up for dinner and asked for a tour of my house. I obliged. I hadnt quite realized I had recovery books all over my house. He didnt call again after that . And thats OK
Old 02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi.

At least you went on a date and that's the main thing and you're not avoiding it. You might just be repulsed by men in general I don't really know.

As for the good guy thing and non attraction, yeah, I know what you mean about borring its taken me a long time to get over the bad boy melodrama
and wanting normalcy and a white picket fence.

There still might be unfinished business. When the time is right the right one will come along and hopefully you'll be ready

=)
Old 02-26-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
I haven't tried dating, it's been almost 2 yrs since xabf left, this is the Longest Ever without even looking, or wanting a date. Make me crazy, if so, it doesn't matter. What matters is that I am comfortable, happy, found ways to live with myself - that I am grateful for. If I met a really nice, calm, quiet man, maybe I would go with a friendship first. I don't know, even then, it just gets to the point - it really isn't a high priority. I don't think it's cause we get set in our ways, but that after sooo much grief, you get to like your life, all by yourself. Why mess that Up, again. After all, you can do what you want, when you want, get up when you want to. I like in the morning, when waking up - to ask myself - do I have any appts, does my car work, is this my day off... if there isn't any of this, I'm happy and relax in bed. Crazy with one cuddly cat, I've had him for over a yr and he still like to cuddle with me.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

OMG... Jeri you are killing me... laughing so hard.

Im sure you know a little of my dating history...be thankful he did not tell you he was willing to overlook you work a program...

Trust me it gets better, I dont think you are in any danger of collecting Cats and Dogs... but the change thing does have me a bit worried.... OMG way toooo funny
Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Class of '71 Here . . . Am I Allowed In?

Thanks all of you for sharing; I'm right where I need to be . . . I go over to the alcoholism boards and play my dinosaur card, spouting what I believe is just some common sense and experience . . .

And then I come here and sometimes I get to feel naked (thank god no dreams along that line for a long time). BTW, I got the "Cyrcles" right but nada on nah nah nah hey hey . . . Blue Oyster Cult? (I think I'll try Google when this post is finished).

On the relationship front, I've got two possibilities I'm trying to motivate myself to at least invest some time in . . . One is sober long enough I'm not worried about a relapse; the other is younger, has kids the age of mine, but I look at her career choice (schoolteacher) and my "untreated codie" radar goes off . . .

So I look down at the spare tire I got sitting around medicating myself with food during the depression that followed that "truly great love" a number of years ago (at least I quit smoking during that one); shoot I picked that one out of a crowd of "civilians" from an adult education class I was teaching . . .

Time to improve the packaging, CC . . . Working myself up to another diet and telling myself the gym is less than a quarter mile away . . .

I did manage to try and track down another '71-er, the "one that got away" from high school . . . Sent her an e-mail, but no reply (I know she's divorced and back to her maiden name).

I wonder if she's as shy as we all are . . .
Old 02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry, Double-posted When Editing . . .

It says I need to say something, so how about I blame it on the cyber gods?

What I added was I looked up "Steam" on Google (amazing era we live in; I might've lost a lot of sleep over that one, and I didn't look at the answer above). I can let "Blue Oyster Cult" go, though; reminds me of some likely symbol of "existential adolescent angst" from back when "blue oysters" were the norm, at least here in Utah . . .

Last edited by concolor1; 02-26-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
The girl with the broken smile

Originally Posted by dobiediva View Post
Kelly are they 5 big dogs, little ones, or a mix of both? I think you're only crazy if they're 5 BIG dogs or 10 little ones (mother and puppies don't count! LOL)
They are 5 little ones lol. I have:

1 Toy Poodle - Shes getting very old bless her heart - Snookums
1 "Teacup" Poodle, which is the puppy of my Toy Poodle - Daisy
1 LAZY Maltese named Chi
2 Yorkie Puppies

My Dr. Thinks I am like Mrs. Doolittle because when I was growing up my 2 alcoholic parents would give me animals (I've always been an animal lover) and then without so much as a word get rid of them. Now nobody can touch my furry friends =)
Old 03-02-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Don't forget velvet bellbottoms and rabbit fur purses LOL
And I'm in the running for crazy dog lady, I have stackable dogs *lbs 14lbs 25lbs and 40lbs. A chihuahua, chihuahua/terrier cocker/mutt and a whippet.