AH's latest "attempt" at sobriety to get me back

Old 02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH's latest "attempt" at sobriety to get me back

Yep, it happened as I was told it would. He had his two-hour phone "therapy" session on Tuesday. He had a f-2-f with a counselor Wednesday, but appartently started vomiting during the session so that was cut short. He went back today. Now he's making lists of "to-do's" that were neglected while he spent his days drinking.

He's one busy little bee. His scurrying around doing projects on his "to-do" list. He is not drinking. He wants me back as long as I don't bring any alcohol in the house. Sooooo .... a few counseling sessions, no AA meetings, no sponsor. This adds up, in his mind, to getting better. Oh, yeah, and no discussion of what is going on. Suprise, surprise. Dry drunk, perchance?

I shall never cease to be amazed at the nerve of an addict. They think tossing a few crumbs in front of us will hook us back in. Sometimes it does. I've been there, done that. The thing is, this time I can tell the difference between the crumbs and the whole cake.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think instant gratification is an alcoholic trait. They think they can make a few small adjustments, say some nice words, and bam--all better. I know you know this because you have been through the wringer with this man. But I will say it anyway, in case someone else might benefit.

True change does not happen quickly. (for us or them) It takes lots of time, courage, hard work, and brutal self-honesty. And that's just the beginning, because it is a life-long learning process.

I'm proud of you for recognizing it for what it is. You've charted the course for your life, keep sailing!

((()))

L

Last edited by LaTeeDa; 02-23-2007 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-23-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I love the caveat of your not bringing booze into the house. I mean, we all know his alcoholism was because you kept bringing all that beer into the house and pouring it down his throat
Old 02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Oh Prod..this irks me. My ex said that too.
The nerve.
Good job on the crumbs vs. cake...you go girl!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prod, good for you for seeing through his BS.

ghm
Old 02-24-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

It depends on what kind of crumbs the addict is tossing. In my case, cheesecake crumbs would be hard to resist....A whole cake and he could reel me right in.

Glad to see you're hanging tough and recognizing his attempts at manipulation.