He passed away

Old 02-22-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There is nothing I can add hon except a

Please know you are in my prayers and that I admire your strength ....
Old 02-22-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers and thoughts !!!!! I agree with the above posts.

Just know that you are not alone here.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Apart and Seeking Wisdom,
your stories made me cry...tears of sadness for all you went through. I admire your strength and truly appreciate your sharing of this.

My xA will be is heading down that path. He seizured last year proving he could go a day without a drink. Spent a week in hospital, went to rehab, been out 3 months and is drinking again. Its amazing how powerful the addiction is. I've had to leave my A...the day to day chaos, abuse etc just became too much. Too sad. I'm pretty certain I will get the call soon that advises me he's dead. What a waste
Old 02-22-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

(((Apart and Seeking Wisdom)))
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so true that this disease of alcoholism is a powerful thing. I too am heading down that road with my husband, who has been diagnosed with alcoholic liver disease, yet refuses to stop drinking. What you said in your posts is the reason I am staying with him, I truly love him and the good man he is. I understand that he has an illness and I have to make the best of it. Hopefully I have the strength to do it till the end. My heartfelt sympathies to both of you and you both are in my prayers.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Apart and Seeking Wisdom,

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my husband to suicide many years ago and felt much of what you are feeling.

Apart, The image of what you saw will fade in time. It's a way our minds process the information from the shock we experienced. I think it may be very important to seek out counseling so you can debrief from what you experienced. Getting it out now may save you from PTSD and anxiety in the future from unresolved issues. When we don't get it out we have a tendency to bury it to cope with it. It pops up in different ways. Debriefing after trauma is really important.

Many hugs to you both.
MG
Old 02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am so sorry

I am just so sorry to read that and I am crying, imaginning how you just must feel. I am still almost new here, I do not know, how was your A. related to you. I do not really know what to say, just try to be strong (I know, easy to say). I hope you have some family and/or good friends for support. And do not blame yourself. Love, Aura.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I know he has recieved his glorified body, his glorifed mind. Please read Embraced by the Light. I know it's all true.
You will see him again.
Right now you can say anything you want to him. Call it a prayer.
There is a place and a life other than this one, I'm sure of it.
We have no preception of how much some of what happened here will wind up making sense when we get to heaven.
I firmly believe we agreed to our trials before we ever came here. I hope you will read this book.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Reading the posts

Reading the post I feel not so alone .. knowing that the person that I loved died of such a terrible disease.. I see that others have had the same struggles and have survived it inspires me to keep going and doing good work.. to see if I can help others.. Thank you