I'm out of here...

Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Why do you want to go in the service? Honestly....
To get into something that will change your life in a positive way, or to get away from something?
If they think you're being selfish, they may think you're running from something....
No I've always wanted to do this and I feel now that its the time to do it.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think that you are being unfair to your friend. I would be very ticked if one of my friends put me in that position.
Why is her opinion so important? Have you considered that it might tick her off too?
What if something happens to you, or what if you hate it?
That's like her asking you if she should have a baby.
I'd reconsider Putting her in that position.
Is this the girl who isn't paying you the attention you'd like?
If it is, this might appear desperate on your part in an effort to manipulate an afffectionate response from her.
If this girl is just a friend and not the one you have referred to here, There's nothing wrong with feedback.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My brother was a marine and still misses it to this day. And I tell ya, I've never been prouder than when we went to his graduation from basic and saw all that he had to endure just to wear the title of "Marine". WOW! The "confidence course" was the most impressive thing I have ever seen. I could not do even a fraction of what he and the others had to do just to graduate basic!! That in itself is a major accomplishment that few can admit to! My brother never looked or felt better. (He signed up for infantry even tho' his test scores were so high he could've done anything he wanted including intelligence work) but he wanted to be first in line to defend this country! In just 8 weeks he transformed from this troubled teen who enjoyed sleeping all day long and partying all night to a SOLDIER. Chiseled body, hardworking, dependable, PROUD. And he had every right to be proud!! If you can be a marine you can do anything! Good luck Tim Tim. Make this decision for YOU. Who cares what anybody else thinks? This is YOUR life. If you feel its the right decision then go with it. You sound like you are excited. Don't let others' fears bring you down. That's normal. I was terrified for my brother. But it was his passion and what he wanted so I choked back the fear, prayed for him every day and he came home safe and sound until his discharge. My exabf was in the army. He wants to go back too but is too old to reenlist. I think it woudl be the best thing for him! Get his butt kicked back into shape!!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Who can I trust?

Mallowcups, it is actually her idea to come and finalize everything with me.