Ha!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ha!

Well he showed up at 1am again last night. He had sent me a text about 30 minutes before asking if he could come over. I told him no. He kept bugging me. I kept saying no and then went to bed. Sure enough at 1am there was a knock on my window. (remember, last time it was snowing like crazy and I caved and let him stay. No snow last night) I had already made up my mind that if he did this I was going to call his cell phone and tell him to go home. So I did. He said "Really??" I said "yes. go home"
A: "But I'm already here. Can't you just let me in?"
Me: No. I told you not to come over so go home.
He hung up on me. But a few seconds later my phone rang.
A: If I leave we are done for good. I'm tired of this. I'm gone.
Me: Ok.
A: I mean it. I'll be out of your life forever.
Me: Ok goodnight.
He hung up again. about 2 minutes later the phone rings. (I'm chuckling now)
A: So we're cool right? (WHAT?!)
Me (holding back the laugh) I thought you said you would be gone forever?
A: yes, just making sure that's ok with you. I feel like I'm just wasting my time here. (GEE! YA THINK?!)
Me: Yep. If that's what you want then its fine with me.
He hangs up on me again. I get a text message: EAT POOP. Then another one saying BYE. Then another one: HAPPY NOW? I AM! (My phone was turned off so I didn't get these til this morning.)

Of course this morning he acts like nothing happened and is back to speaking to me again. (oh well)

BUT the good news is that it DIDN'T PHASE ME like it normally does. I wasn't upset. I expected it and was able to let it go. I didn't cave into him. I made him leave. I didn't argue with him. I didn't feel bad about making him leave (usually I won't let him if he's been drinking) And I wasn't mad, hurt, or sad. The only thing I will do differently next time is call the cops to report a drunk driver. Haven't worked up to that yet. Baby steps. Maybe he'll get the hint that he isn't welcome here at 1am when he's drunk! (or sober for that matter!)
Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you did good dobie.

And I admit that I had to smirk when I read the part where you were holding back a chuckle, as I too have found myself doing that in certain situations. I find that it's a step in recovery when we see the humor in it as well as the sheer insanity in it all.

I'm glad to know that it didn't affect you as it used too. Looks to me like your recovery is showing!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aweseme, dobie, you're rocking there!

And I love how long "forever" is for an alkie. Like 2 minutes. Oh boy. Wish I'da known that when my "A" said she'd love me forever *lol*

Mike
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dobieDIVA!!!! you are awesome!!!

god, why couldn't we have chosen a man that was addicted to knitting....or doing laundry.....or giving foot rubs (welllll, i can see where that one may be a problem ha!)....
Old 02-08-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

Yay for DobieDiva!!! You did great!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

the drama is endless. good for you for stepping out of it. blessings, k
Old 02-08-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was looking for a little cheerleader smiley, but there aren't any here....so I'll just say: WOO HOO!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OMG Embraced your humor always brings a smile to me .... Addicted to doing laundry...

And Mike OOOOOhhhhhhh I wish I had listened to what "forever" was too... because you are SO right.

I also think its great that you found the humor in it all..... Recovery in Action!!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Addicted to laundry HA!! He always tells me that when I give up Dairy Queen's strawberry banana smoothies he will quit drinking. (yes I'm addicted to those! YUM!) I tell him my smoothies don't hurt anybody. His reply is "well when I wake up one morning next to Oprah...". My reply is "If you didn't drink so much the night before you'd know who you were waking up next to!!" Knowing darn well that isn't what he means They sure try tho'.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
up and out

woot woot!!