Things are going great

Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things are going great

havent been on here for awhile..ill share whats been going on

Well I was on here for awhile like 4 months ago...or fewer than that. Anyways an update..my mom has been sober for 3 months. shes doing pretty good. shes living with her parents which makes it better because they have a better outpatient than we do...our outpatient here just caused to drink more.

My dad was put in the hospital. He had an anerisum(sp?) in his aorta and it blew and he lost circulation to his left leg for 16 hours. What he had is what john ritter died from. my dads so lucky to be alive. its so weird how life can change in one sec. luckily my mom was home when he collapsed ( she came up tht weekend for a doctor appt.) anyways my dads fine but he can still barely walk on it..he says it feels like his foot is always asleep. So i guess its like im being the care taker again..but this time its my dad. but id rather be doing tht then having him be 6 ft under.

I have been doing good as well..i wouldnt say im cured but my eating disorder isnt hardly a issue anymore..sure my mom still says crap to me time to time how she thinks im fat but i could care less what she has to think.

I found out that things in life do change when u least expect them to. Its weird but having my mom be an alcoholic has showed me not to take life for granted and not listen to what every one else thinks and start thinking about what i want to do with my life..

Take Care everyone!!
ASH
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Its sometimes funny how things work in my favor in the least likely way. Some nasty stuff has triggered lightbulb moments in me.

Good for you!!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Royalty

I was just thinking about you today..... odd how things happen. Glad you are doing okay. You have been handed so much to deal with! (and seem to be handling it better than most adults).

Aneurisms are scarey..... no warning. Your dad is very lucky, as you already know, and also lucky to have you.

I am pleased to hear about you mom being sober....although no matter how sober, she just can't seem to keep her sharp tongue quiet. I had a mother very much like that. I was too heavy (at 125 lbs!), she actually nick-named me Thunderthighs.....how sweet....nothing was good enough for her....and sadly, I ended up leaving when I was 15. There was no internet back then, 27 years ago, no meetings, no therapy, no group stuff.....so everyone thought I was the bad child from hell... they just didn't know how much I put up with.....maybe that's why I am always wondering how you are doing, because I can really relate.

Thanks for the update. We should have a dysfunctional family forum too
HQ
Old 02-07-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ashley,so glad you stopped in with the update. Glad to hear your mom is doing better and sorry but glad about your dad.

You sound very good! Keep in touch with us from time to time..it's good to hear from you!