allrighty now.......

Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

allrighty now.......

my xh is in town. the managers of two motels called me and told me he tried to rent a room, and they wouldn't rent to him. his reputation preceeds him.

i'm ready for when he comes here. i have my armor on. and my al-anon black belt tied around my waist. just for backup, i have some dead chicken feet and feathers tied around my neck with a clove of garlic thrown in for good measure.

lord, give me strength.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Be strong !

You can do it !

Detach with love.

One day at a time, or even one minute at a time.

((((hugs)))
Old 02-05-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

PU! Go leave a note on the outside door quick! "Please leave a note, OUT OF TOWN UNTIL SATURDAY".
Old 02-05-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Wow, I'm impressed. He must have been quite a hellraiser!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jeri - you are such a hoooooot....stay the course girlfriend...stay the course. Don't forget the crucifix and lambs blood outside your door way..
Old 02-05-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are these hotel managers friends of yours?

Ya know embraced, I may be off here but it seems to me that alot of people like to tell you what your ex is doing, etc. and I guess I just wonder - do you want to know what he's doing?

There comes a time that you'll be ready to not want to know.
While I understand that he comes to you and keeps making contact - it's up to you if you really want it to stop.
Contact (in my book anyways) also includes contact through other people.

Just a thought for ya.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

the motels got tired of having to call police because after days of holing up and drinking.....being very quiet and courteous the whole time....he would then go to a very dark place in his mind and threaten suicide.

i would ignore his calls, so they were left to deal with him. he would pull them into the drama by calling them at the desk and do his thang.

so, they got burned out, too. sad. just very, very sad.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well, they are not friends of mine.....they are aware of how dangerous it can get with him. they were warning me that he was in town. we all belong to the same tourism committees. it is kinda embarrassing, honestly.

it's kinda hard to maintain a business relationship with these people when i know they know.

but i do appreciate the heads up.......it keeps me on guard. he has done some really weird things here.....god, everyone just knows around here.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

For a second I thought you were going to tell me he was that guy who was notorious for going to hotel rooms and covering himself, and nearly everything in the room, in vasaline. He was on thesmokinggun.com. Must be quite an interesting fellow to meet at a party.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok Jer, I'm coming over. I think he needs a SHOVE! LOL
Old 02-06-2007, 04:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you Embraced?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi neg.....everything is quiet. no contact. now, i'm waiting on the snow to arrive. it's so frigid cold, hard to believe it could snow. a warm front is pushing over the top of cold that has settled and we're supposed to get 5 inches of snow....

a couple of years ago, we got 34 inches of snow in one day. i had guests stranded at two locations.....running out of toilet paper for over 300 guests was not a good thing.

i'll not even say how we solved that problem!!! ha ha ha

and then the food.....by day two, they were lookin at me funny....like they saw a side of beef hanging on a hook when they looked at me. i started to feel like a live cheeseburger. so i cooked for all these people where i am, but the other location was just out of luck unless they brought their own food.

thank goodness i had stuff in freezer to make beef and noodles, chicken and noodles, chili, bean soup....stuff like that.

it was kinda fun, really. especially since i didn't have to go anywhere since i live where i work.

i live in a little self-contained bubble, it seems. sometimes my car doesn't leave this parking lot for days on end. most everything comes to me.....there is very little need to have to even drive. this can become a very phobia-inducing (if that is the right word) existance.

i find that when i do leave, i feel very odd....anxious....can't wait to get back. too many people, too many cars, too many choices in the stores....it's hard to describe. if i leave the little town, i feel like i've gone on a day trip!

so i just putter away in my own little self-contained world, shop off of tv, and do alot of e-baying.

but i like it....i've never been one to like to go to alot of places....always been a home body.....and have never liked to travel to go to work.

now the only traveling i do to work, is about 5 steps from my apt. into my office. can't get much closer than that.

i'm really rambling here. can you tell? ha!

and how are you today??? how is your life going?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are doing well
I'm doing pretty good today. I'm getting better at not letting every single thing AH does and says affect me to point of feeling physically sick. He left a message last night asking to come stay with me because he "can't stand being alone". Logically, I understand that he is trying to manipulate me and that the best thing for us BOTH is to remain separated. But my heart is hurting so bad. I just feel so bad for him! I am going to see my therapist this morning. I need it!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

chx soup anyone?

jeri,

i hope you are well this morning - i just had to say that if the snow really comes (we're just north of indianapolis) you might want to remove the garlic, chx feet and feathers - the guests might start seeing you as a big ol' pot of soup and the other stuff might be a little too enticing...

i'll drive down and save you - i'm on a diet ...

love,
sue
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

embraced2000:
Stay warm, have lots of warm coffee, and have lots of warm thoughts. I'm across the border in Illinois about 10 miles from WI. So, I know how cold it is.

How were you yesterday?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hey, hey.....lol.....don't want to wind up in a big ole soup pot.

itiswhatitis.....we are so close! and harleygirl, too.

itis....i was raised in muncie, indiana. flat as a pancake. couldn't wait to get back to southern indiana and the rolling hills.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

No real advice, just thinking about you.,