Language of Letting Go

Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Language of Letting Go

Todays Meditation from Melody Beattie:

Enjoying Recovery

What a Journey! This process of growth and change takes us along an ever changing road. Sometimes the way is hard and craggy. Sometimes we climb mountains. Sometimes we slide down the other side on a toboggan. Sometimes we rest. Sometimes we grope through the darkness. Sometimes we're blinded by sunlight. At times many may walk with us on the read; sometimes we feel nearly alone.

Ever changing, always interesting, always leading some place better, someplace good.

What a journey!

Today, God help me relax and enjoy the scenery. Help me know I'm right where I need to be on my journey.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks Cynay,

It helped to read that again after reading my LOLG meditation this morning.

I've been struggling with enjoying recovery lately. Seeing so many relapses has me wondering whether it's worth it or not, or maybe it's "anniversary anxiety" as I approach 2 years.

Recovery truly is a journey. I'm trying to look at my entire life as "the journey home" and to understand that in spite of the trials I'm exactly where I should be.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think often we bring those trials upon ourselves.

Maybe it is in how we isolate ourselves, or run away from our fears to that is "safe/known" place that keeps us from growth. Maybe we forget that we have to walk through the valley before we can climb the mountain.

I know that everyday Im given the gift of life, growth, love, change.... It is freely given to me, but it is my choice to accept the gift or to stand in front of the closed door praying for something else, perhaps if I accept what is given me and have faith it is what I need... Well, that is the journey right.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ohhhh I found something else that is giving me room to pause.

It's nice to have choices, flexibility makes life more intresting, it's true, but you can get lost on the sea of infinite possibilities, and there is nothing liberating about that. And people who are always trying to make the perfect choice, rejecting what they have for what they hope to find, bet the present on the future and end up missing both.