First time at alanon???

Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Smile

I know how you feel. I didnt feel like I fit in there either. But I dont fit in much anywhere so its kinda par for me. Ive always been a square peg. LOL.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by Alijill View Post
Went to the alanon meeting last night. Still just feeling so out of place.
I might feel out of place in a library, but I can still avail myself of the books and the knowledge contained therein...
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i understand how you feel alijill....(that name makes me eyes blurry!)smile

ok, to begin with.....this is so new to you. i felt the same way. it was just too much work for my already wrecked brain and heart to absorb.

i cried non-stop in the meetings (after i finally joined for good) for 6 months!!! i just didn't understand how i could let go, if i wanted to let go, if i should let go, i just knew my life wasn't working and i was very very mentally broken. i missed him, i wanted him, i mourned for him, and i ached for him in my heart so badly i thought i would just die.

i felt like they didn't understand how much i loved him. felt like they didn't understand how special he was....how different he was....how much he needed me. felt like they just didn't understand....period.

but they all seemed so happy. and some were still living with their husbands, some were not, but they exuded happiness, peace, and serenity. and i wanted what they had. i was so sick of feeling broken hearted.

that is why i kept going back.

hope this helps some. remember, this is new to you, and it takes time for it all to sink in and settle over oneself.

what you are feeling is very similiar to how i felt, too.

love to you
jeri
Old 02-06-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hmmm...at AA meetings a lot talk about the condition of "terminal uniqueness" as most of think we or our situations are just simply different. I wonder if that's just another defense mechanism...hmmm.

Great post (((Jeri)))