i guess it's about that time again.....

Old 02-04-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh they are so dramatic.

Cat

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
he's kickin it up a notch....just called and said....pray for me tonight, this will be my last night on this earth. remember that i always loved you.....then hung up.

i'm getting that panicy feeling. i don't even know where he is.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

No absolutely not!

he has threatened this so many times....but we have all seen from these boards that they actually do it. i've got to let go and let god. he is in gods hands.

i'm thinking....do i call the county i think he is in, and tell the law?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm in! Look out, world!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Todays assignment is to come up with a mission statement and an oath.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Mallowcup, my three-year-old son saw your avatar and said, "I need one of those!" ROFL!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

uh-oh......i don't know if my contribution would be "G" rated today....i better wait a little before i throw any suggestions in the hat.

lemme seeeeee.....it is our goal to rid the world

geezzzz....see what i mean? i just can't do it right now......gotta have some ovaltine and a donut. and then some sweet tea. and then a nerve pill. then a bubble bath and candles.

one more try.....it is the mission of AMES to provide comfort and understanding to all families effected by alcoholism...we do everything it takes, even shoving......

oh damn! i just can't do it nowwwww.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh man, speaking of nerve pills, thanks for the reminder. Forgot to take my panic pill - Paxil. LOL We are a funny bunch, no?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

he just called again. had a favor. wants me to collect his unemployment checks and send them to him. right. uh-huh. sure thing, bucko. i'll get right on that one deary.
OK. I think I'm starting ( ) to see (and believe) how these addicts operate....it really IS all about them;at least in a practical sense. (How they feel ---avoid it,so the point is moot while they are active IMHO is out of the picture with my observation here.)
Here's my idea about what's going on. He sweet talks and tries to see if you are losing enough of your anger to be emotionally manipulated. HE needs something (a favor) and

he says he left her because he
....his "back-up" to do his enabling has gotten fed-up with it so he can't get her to do it so now he is hoping you will have cooled down enough to fill that void. (the reason he found her,or any "her", in the first place to.) Oh, and see how HE DUMPED HER....feeds his ego AND sounds so much better for telling you why he has returned. Also "explains" their cycling and popping back up....usually with some "reason",no matter how disguised at first.

Maybe I've fianlly just gotten cynical (that would be a great step for me)....this may not be what is happening in your case,but I am starting to finally try to hear the QUACK with out the heart engaged. No doubt he loves you (as much as he can now and did before he became so sick) but I think he is probably like the rest caught in their illness just scrambling to keep their heads above water and for an addict that means being able to have access to his DOC.

Your guy has probably been kicked out, needs $ and can't even collect the check. I hope he is getting to his bottom.

As usual....you sound very good. You have been an inspriation. I hope whatever happens (or doesn't)that it does not destroy your serenity.

Keep us posted.

p.s. Hope this doesn't come out sounding wrong...it has been a "lightbulb moment" for me that I finally see about myself and AH. If it comes across "too strong" it is because I am also speaking this to MYSELF!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
cmc

good morning gals!
I'm on board with the rescue team...but I have another thought...I say we take the job- get the tshirts, truck and emergency gear all set up get on board...then we all call in sick and take a codie vacation. We'll be looking good- have the truck stocked with treats and things to pamper ourselves.
We can use the break! Let somebody else do the rescue work and we get all the fun...how's that for recovery heh?
Jeri...the shoving part is pretty good...but not worth breaking a fingernail over!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ok, rule number one. 1. We are on vacation until further notice.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

hi pick....yup, it's what it is......quacking.

he even told me that he did what he had to do because i wouldn't take him....that i had him on the streets for over two years now....out there scrambling....

when i told him i didn't kick out a good hunting dog, i kicked out a rogue that was constantly biting me (abusive), chitting all over me, then laughing cause i stunk (emotional abuse), would never bring home the anything from the hunt (wouldn't work), and was constantly eating bad food that made it sick(drinking)........he told me.....well, you put too many demands on me.

excuse meeeee!!!!!! since when is expecting not to be abused, expecting a paycheck, expecting to be in a respectful relationship considered too demanding. this is just how he thinks in active alcoholism.

he then proceeded to tell me that his new woman and him got along terrificly...that she put no demands on him and he was very, very nice to her, and that in fact, she stomped all over him. i busted out laughing on that one.

oh, and he also said that ever since i started in al-anon, i was a hard-a$$ that just thought about myself and kicked his butt out to fend for himself. is that love????......he asked.

this is the same quacking i have listened to for years, and i always gave it one more try.....now, it just sounds so ridiculous to me.....sounds really sad, because i swear, it sounds like he has developmental disabilities.

this is your brain on alcohol. it is sad.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

this is the same quacking i have listened to for years, and i always gave it one more try.....now, it just sounds so ridiculous to me.....sounds really sad, because i swear, it sounds like he has developmental disabilities.

this is your brain on alcohol. it is sad.

Yep.......not a thing wrong with YOUR thinking!!! It is sad,but like you said...no reason for us to put up with the things coming from a pickled mind.

p.s. I like that vacation idea someone mentioned,especially now.....it is C_O_L_D here today!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

embraced, it's so sad to me reading about this man and you and the other woman.

xabf once said that he told his ex-wife the reason he wanted to be with me was because "she digs me". He also told me that I was tender (compared to the ex) and the nicest person he ever met. He also used to say that he and I were compatible, that I was perhaps his soul mate, that he loved me, etc.

You and I know very well (in hindsight for me) that these people simply move on to a more suitable enabler. Someone who is naive to the disease (as I certainly was). They'll obvisouly keep anyone in their circle if they can. Play on any available emotion. Sometimes, it seems, even anger.

It's confusing to me that they even need people in their lives. If you want to drink why can't you just be alone!? Actually I have many relatives who do just that. Yes they are alcoholics but they live alone, they have no wives, children or girlfriends. They work then spend their time in bars. They rarely see family. I have new respect for these men. As sick as they may be they are choosing to simply be what they are and not dragging someone else down with them.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

p.s.

Pick-a-name, it's -6° here!!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
p.s.

Pick-a-name, it's -6° here!!

Brrrr...I'm a little south of Cleveland,so we usually get your weather (at least Chicago's) the next day. At least we are still in the +'s,although just barely!!!!!! It's supposed to be -1 soon. (So much for our wild,non-winter!)

Stay warm!!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone here....let go and let God...
Old 02-04-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Pick A Name I'm east of Cleveland in the snow belt. No school tomorrow due to the 20 below windchills!

As for the "codie rescue group"--I'll be the pusher! I'm in a bad mood!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Oh, Embraced, will he never quit! Calling, trying to influence you....
Thinking 'bout ya..
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Jeri I will echo the sentiments of so many others. You simply deserve to be loved wholly and completely for the wonderful self you are. This man is soooo broken. I truly feel for him...as I feel for my ex simply because they are miserable, lonely and in tremendous pain (as I was when actively alcoholic). My ex is an addiction similar to the other noxious substances I have attached myself too. He is no good for me. He gave me so much more pain and confusion than love. All of us can be so cruel in our fear and misery...we hurt others when ourselves our hurting. I did right by my ex..and this I know. I gave him the option to walk a new path of sobriety and he didn't want it. That is his choice. I know I have to get away from him at all costs because I still feel love for him...which isn't as problematic as the addiction/attachment I still feel. I can still love from a safe distance but allowing him anymore space in my life physically (by phone or in person) is a setback to my own recovery. He has taken all I have been willing to give. I don't want to give anymore of myself..it's too costly. I don't even like that he knows what's going on in my world as a result of his work situation with my roommate. It bothers me tremendously. Soon I will be leaving this province and he will no longer have any hold on me whatsoever. He made his choice therefore he simply should not have anymore access to my life and love. Geri the only way you are going to get better is to cut off all contact. There MUST be a solution to the phone thing...there must be some solution so that you can protect yourself.