Pinch me, I think I am dreaming!

Old 04-14-2003, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pinch me, I think I am dreaming!

I know I am not going to get tooooooo excited, but ya know how I slammed my Dad a couple of weeks ago? Told him he couldn't take my children to Disney because I didn't know whether or not he would be drinking!! WELL... I didn't hear from him for about a week. Finally I gave in and called him....he sounded good. Not unusual because it was 1st thing in the morn.....best odds he'll be sober then. I decided so send him a sprititual encouragement card. Found the perfect Hallmark at Wally-Word aka Walmart. Added a couple of lines that I know it was hard for him to hear the things I said to him, but it was also very hard for me to say. I know he has received the card, but he never mentioned it; however, I have talked to him 3 more times and he has been sober. (or more sober than he has been in years!) My sister says the same!!! Could he have decided to call it quits and not tell anyone? or is he just being real careful before he calls me?

REGARDLESS of the reason, it was GREAT to talk to MY DAD again!! Ya know the one I remember from when I was a kid. It sure gives me a warm fuzzy feeling......just thought I would share.

(can't say the same for hubby....he thinks he is "controlling" his drinking....however he IS doing a lot of cleaning#@!@#!@ Not sure why)
Old 04-15-2003, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Constant)))))

So glad to hear the good news!

Lyn
Old 04-15-2003, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I admire you for sending the card!

It is hard being the grown up!
hahahahahahaha

live