Another Boo Boo On My Part

Old 01-29-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Another Boo Boo On My Part

Yes, I did it again, when will I learn?

The mobilehome park that I manage had a 50's Rock n' Roll party.

Soooo, I invited my Mom (the 81 year old alcoholic) and my sister (the 55 year old alcoholic), girls night out....Right?

Well, everything was going ok, or so I thought, then all h*ll broke loose, the drank too much, Surprise, Surprise....they got mad at each other, started screaming at each other...finally my Mom left, went back to the mobilhome I own, my sister spent an hour telling me what an ass mother is...I finally said, lets go , so we did, they looked at each other and started all over.

As usual I said, choa, see yah, I am going home....left them shouting at each other...

Man. what a dummy I am, will I ever learn? What could have been a great time turned into a flaming bomb.

Not to mention, the people at the party were stunned...I just replied...
"I have no control over them, they drink too much, I assure you this is the last party here they will be invited to". And that is the truth, God what an embaressment... My fault, I know that...

I went home, pulled the covers over my head and slept till noon on Sunday.

As usual, they called me and apologized...I said...NO MORE that's it...I give up, can't do this anymore....don't call me I'll call you....Click....

So much for girls night out.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

You can't help but give it a whirl once in a while and see if the loons have themselves under control yet. Too bad you got the answer the hard way
Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. After all, you didn't hold them down and pour the booze down their gullets.
Jim
Old 01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow dolly.....i'm sorry to say this, but i hope when i'm 81, i'm still causing problems for someone. j/k, dolly, j/k.

i'm sorry they were such an embarrassment to you. and you are right....you have no control over them....just no more parties for them, eh?

dang, 81! that really blew back my hair.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Jeri,

Yah, your right, I had to pull my wig off with that episode...she's been an A for over 60 years, must be a record...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

durn, 81....i still can't get over this one. and still causing stinks. i'm sitting here stunned....i'm thinking of my mama....she can really stir up the chit, too. and my sister is an alcoholic. when they get together at my apt, it is like psycho city. i dont invite them at the same time anymore.

my mom just turned 70 (she had me very young!) and is hooked on rx pills and abuses them terribly. she lives with my aunt, and they are so bizzare.
they just cause all this silly chaos and run around town like two mr. magoos on drugs.....leaving all this stuff in their wakes and totally unaware of it.

she is going to have to come and live with me soon, and i am dreading it.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

My mother never would live with me...it would cramp her style...now, I can see her living with my sister...a matched set of bookends!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
up and out

(((((dolly))))))
ooooh no, you didn't mess up....you just displayed huge strides in your recovery. its normal for us to want fun with our families, even if they have been dysfunctional in the past. sometimes i really miss my sister so much that i almost dial those numbers.....but she's so far in denial and her head is so far up her a$$ that i cannot be around her.
but you realized you didn't cause it, you cannot cure it and you didn't even attempt to control it. a bizillion kudos to you dolly!!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My mother and my MIL are both 73. My mother has never been drunk in her life. My MIL started drinking at 18 and since retiring at 60 has had a drink in her hand by 11 everyday.

Whereever she goes, once she starts drinking, her mouth engages and she is so very embarrasing.

I now have nothing to do with her which is great. No more embarassing moments for me.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

you did the best you could, dollydo. sorry they took away such a fun night for you, though. blessings, k
Old 01-30-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Dolly, You know. You admit it and you know. You are doing well. I think girls nite out is good just find some new girls. Your ok. Irsh
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You gotta give it a try every now and then. Sorry that it turned out the way it did.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Sorry they ruined your evening, but glad to see that you won't allow them to do that again. This might be the perfect time to change your name. May I suggest DollyDon't (as in Dolly Don't hang out with active alcholics any more)?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Dolly Don't....that'll work...
Old 01-30-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You go, girl!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dolly...don't worry. I did the whole "maybe it will be different this time" deal for Christmas with my parents. Well, it wasn't different and I haven't spoken to them since. My Mom and I emailed back and forth today (first contact since Christmas) about stupid things that don't matter and I quit and pushed myself away from the computer. She is in denial so bad she acted as if no time has passed and nothing ever happened. I just can't do that denial thing anymore.

I agree...change your username to "Dollydon't"! hee hee hee!

Hang in there!

((((((HUGS))))))
Old 01-30-2007, 10:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Royalty

Don't you think you handled it differently since coming here? I think you did well, you didn't let yourself get sucked into their games. And look at all you realized .... they were the ones with the problem, it wasn't yours. You didn't try to "fix" the problem. And you have no intentions of supporting their problem again..... I think you did great! Just another one of life's lessons....walk away learning instead of just walking away.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Holy,

Yes, before coming here I would have tried to get in the middle of the situation, now when an episode rears it ugly head, I just walk away.

I told both of them, you have crossed my boundry line, won't accept it, sorry, see you.

I am out of it, let them battle to the death, not my problem.

Appreciate everyones support.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm picturing the three of you in your poodle skirts and ankle socks and the two of them tumbling around the jidderbug floor.