Discust

Old 01-27-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I first thought about getting an apartment by myself I would get all of the apartment rental guides and study them......It made me have something to look forward to.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Believer

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you... I hope I just didnt tell you to pee on him.. Lord forgive me.. I think I did
Old 01-27-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

johnneeeeeeeeee!!!!......you did! so there we go gals....we have permission now to pee on them.

i know it's not funny kindred...really, i do. i've been there too. and it's so good not to be peed on now.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Lmao! You guys crack me up. Feel better today. Never stayed in a hotel before. Well not alone anyway. Mallowcup- where in Vermont? I was thinking Montpelier,Johnson, or Woodstock. Small but not too small, big but not too big, lots and lots of snow,( I love snow), liberal, mountanous,green, red ,orange,gold,beautiful.
By the way mallowcup, I work in a hospital also, we have tons of texas caths, never thought of that. Good idea. I would love to see the look on his face when he woke up.he he he
Old 01-28-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I went to a festival on Lake Champlain once. My friend's dad had a cottage in the woods there. What a beautiful lifestyle. It's a lovely place. It was summer and burning hot so we went to swim in a mountain stream and found out the hard way, like the city slickers we are, that mountain water is really really cold even in the middle of August

You couldn't find a prettier place to be.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
The girl with the broken smile

Vermont must be the place because it's where I always dream of living. As for the peeing, ugg, he just does it on himself, or in a cup, or the backyard.

He finally agree'd to move out. He left last night. I still see the lawyer tomorrow but I am hoping now that he has done this on his own it won't have to be as ugly. He was all nice and begging yesterday. The "I swear I won't ever drink again" that makes you take them back each time. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do but I stuck to my guns.

We deserve not to be pee'd on... My Mother always said "better to be pissed off than pissed on" Maybe we can take a new meaning from this or maybe she knew the real one.

Blessings,
Kelly
Old 01-28-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Kindred Spirit...I hope you were able to get away and relax. I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday....and am hoping to get in a nice long warm bath today. Even if you couldnt get away for a night you can still treat yourself in small ways. Take Care!

Originally Posted by StandingStrong View Post
I realized that in those 16 years, I had come full circle of sorts. I was still in the exact same place doing the exact same thing I'd been doing our entire marriage. I believe that night was truly the beginning of my recovery.

StandingStrong...I had that "lightbulb moment" when I found an old journal from about 8 years ago...the things I wrote about I could have written the day I found it. Boy was that an eye-opener! Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've been there. My ah peed on me the night before last. I looked at him in disgust the whole day. I'm finally starting to do things for myself. I'm started doing more thinks with my kids. Started a weight loss program. Now I am finally cleaning my home for me!!! and the kids!!!!- Not my AH. I'm finally cooking for me and the kids. if he don't like it too bad. I still have a long wrong ahead but these little steps make a big difference.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I live about an hour from the Vermont border. It is very reasonable as far as rent or buying a home, why not put a resume on monster.com for jobs in Vermont? See what happens?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've never had the pleasure of dealing with a "peeing" incident...done vomit though (albeit only once), that was pleasant...I wouldn't have cleaned it up, only he'd done it in the bed, on my side of course!

If he pee'd on me I dunno what I'd do...hopefully that would be the final straw...I don't know if I could excuse that as readily as I have his other bad behaviour....but who knows...
Old 01-28-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

mallowcup- He wouldnt come with me. If I moved it would be alone.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

vermont was listed in some magazine as having the most affordable houses in the nation. You can get a beautiful place with property for $100,000. I'm not sure how that measures up elsewhere, but you couldn't buy a garage in NY for that price. And if the article featured a house like that, there must be smaller ones for even less.