standing your ground

Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

standing your ground

Hi all,yesterday I posted about my A who was threatening to leave his home and "disappear".As I thought there would be more to it than that . Last month I "rescued " him for losing his home by paying his rent .....What a MUG
This month he gave me his rent so that he didnt spend it .He annonced yesterday that he wanted it so that he could go .I disagreed with him because I felt that :1 - he owed me the money 2- when he had calmed down and had spent the rent money he would be not able to stay in his place because he didnt have any money left .

Rightly or wrongly I decided I was not giving him the money.But this caused a drama ............................

He took my car and rang to say if I he didnt get the money he would he would trash it. My resonse was ....the car isnt worth very much and if he destroys it he will be arrested .After an hour of screaming phone calls from him I said if he brings the car back Id get the money . He then announced that he didnt want it anymore , he brought the car back un damaged and disappeared .
He rang back and said he had made a descision . I have a feeling that he has decided to do something stupid as he has disscussed his feelings on dying with me before .

Dont get me wrong I dont want him to do anything like this but I kind of feel its another game to get my attention. I have spoken to his flat mate and asked him to try and calm him down but I dont think I should go running .....
Am I doing the right thing.....................Help What do you think

many thanks xxxxalison30xxxxx
Old 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd give him his money and sever all ties.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,
I am new to all this but first question would be why are you responsible for holding his money? This is something one would do for a small child, not a grown adult.

If it was me, I would drop the money in an envelope and put it in his mailbox. Then I agree with Mallowcup, get yourself away from this high-drama person.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would give him the money in person, they can always say they didn't get their mail and I don't think A's ever do get their mail or open it,
Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good point