stange odor

Old 01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My stbx would smell like (& I would tell him this) meats...like, salami or pepperoni or something, it was so gross and even if he showered, he still smelled, only this time, with a hint of Lever 2000. I hate Lever 2000. It's totally the booze in their system mixing with whatever else they have going on - overall unhealth.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yes !!
garlic
rotten eggs
pastrami
fermenting fruit
sardines - and catfood and ass....
and I am sitting here right now thinking... ok ok -- he quit drinking... so he is taking some pills and acting strung out... well that's ok isn't it ??

Is that the true definition of an enabler or a co dependant ?
Am I trying to brush it all under the rug again ??
I am honestly thinking I should call him to see if he is doing ok..
My head hurts again-
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh my GOD!!!!! It is so refreshing reading that other people are going through the SAME THING!!!!! I love all the discriptions! I can identify with ALL! My ABF has his own room, (originally because of snoring, and now for all the other obvious reasons!) and when i go in ther to put laundry away it turns my stomach. Sometimes like this morning he even smells like puke, although I don't think he threw up the night before. Never find it on his clothes. His feet have a different problem. They smell SO bad they stink up the whole house, and when he takes his socks off, they stick to his feet like velcro and are yellow! (the socks) anyone have THAT problem?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

EEEK !! "Children run away..."
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
The girl with the broken smile

OMGosh, I know this is all not funny but for some reason I can not stop laughing at this thread and worse I can relate to being subjected to just about each smell! EWWWWWWWWWW
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pick-a-name View Post
Between that, the "equipment failure" and the fact he was usually somewhere between deep sleep and passed out....."surprisingly" that was my fault,too...ha. And I still wondered "if he really had a drinking problem" haha amazing!

Yep, equipment failure. I've had times I wished it would just fall off
Old 01-29-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

thanks everyone...at least I know I am not imagining it....even though he tells me I am ...
Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Unfortunatly mine dosen't have the equipment failure, and wants it all the time! I keep waiting for that to happen!

And Heavenly, like you I know it is not funny, but i am laughing my A** off reading this. I think it is because it is nice to have someone(s) to identify with this nasty problem!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Maybe they should read this tread. I would turn inside out and die if I had been described as having a meaty smell, but they do!!!! *skin crawl* I need to read this thread often when I am feeling a weak moment. I really do!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

"I've had times I wished it would just fall off"

Um, I believe it did fall off. How else would you explain the fact that I haven't seen "it" in five years? Oh yes, I forgot, that must be my fault, too.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

FORMER DOORMAT !! OMG !

I love your siggy - one of my favorite quotes !!

Yes it is not funny but you know... Tears through laughter is my favorite emotion...

Laughter heals and god knows we could all use some in our lives.. If I don't try and find the humor in it I am going to crawl up and hide under a rock.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My AH actually has an odor when he is taking his antabuse. That is how I know if he is really taking it. I guess it changes his body chemistry.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cupowater View Post
Oh my GOD!!!!! It is so refreshing reading that other people are going through the SAME THING!!!!! I love all the discriptions! I can identify with ALL! My ABF has his own room, (originally because of snoring, and now for all the other obvious reasons!) and when i go in ther to put laundry away it turns my stomach. Sometimes like this morning he even smells like puke, although I don't think he threw up the night before. Never find it on his clothes. His feet have a different problem. They smell SO bad they stink up the whole house, and when he takes his socks off, they stick to his feet like velcro and are yellow! (the socks) anyone have THAT problem?

Yes! Except that he got so he wore a white (started out that way,at least) T-shirt and he would sweat that "stuff" on it....sticky yellow film on the shirt and his pillowcase and his side of the bed. It never felt like it would come out completely in the wash.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh God, Pick, I know.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
"I've had times I wished it would just fall off"

Um, I believe it did fall off. How else would you explain the fact that I haven't seen "it" in five years? Oh yes, I forgot, that must be my fault, too.

I'm sure it is! ha

Actually, he went to a counselor who said it probably WAS my fault! Good grief! I don't know how he found himself a "girlfriend" with all this sexiness going on! That is the MOST surprising thing...with the moodiness and crabbiness,too! (since then in the past year he is balding,gotten hearing aids,back surgery,prostate surgery...) He does still have a bank account, but that is going,too. He acts as if he got his "sexy back"! WHEW!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I needed a laugh. thanks ya'll!!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I did,too!! Thank you all! This thread was the bright spot in my day (so far )
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
up and out

My stomach is turning right now. Before my father died he had the 'smell.' It was the strong, putrid vitamin smell. Like if you open a bottle of B Complex vitamins. They are so good for you and they are very hard for me to swallow.
He wasn't taking vitamins btw....just my interpretation of the reek-o-death parfum de alcoholique.
Right before he died, the fluid was in raised pockets on top of his skin because his liver stopped working and his blood became septic. When he died in the hospital bed, he looked like a monster. You would think that if he had any idea alcohol would end his life that way, he wouldn't have done it. I wished I had a flux capacitor and a Delorian so I could go back many years in time and show him how he would die if he didn't stop drinking.
But you know.....it probably wouldn't have made any difference. He still did not choose recovery. Very sad indeed.

"catfood and ass" ......hahahahaha! that made my day!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by appleblaster View Post
parfum de alcoholique.
Now THAT's a good one too!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

bwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

catfood and ass!!!!!! that's just too funny!