He's out

Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's out

G plead guilty to breaking and entering. They let him out on probation. He had told me the first thing he was going to do when he got out was come see the kids. I was optimistic, considering his history of not doing what he says.

Anyway, he stopped over tonight. First stop after he got out. Should I be surprised? After saying hi to the kids and hugging them for a little bit, he changed his clothes (he had a pair of jeans and a shirt that he left here a while back). Just makes me wonder....a part of me wants to believe he came to see the kids, but would he have stopped if he didn't have his change of clothes here? I can't help but to wonder. Is that wrong?

Here's a first for me I had plans to go to my girlfriends to watch a movie. He showed up right as we're getting ready to leave. I told him it was a good thing he got there when he did b/c we were about ready to leave. The old me would have called my friend and told her I couldn't come over b/c G was there....but no more changing my plans around him.

He wants to stop by tomorrow to see the kids and spend more time with them. We'll see. It was good to see him though. It was good to see him when he wasn't confused with some kind of chemical addiction. Now I have to have the "I'm filing for divorce" conversation with him.....and I'm a little scared. But it needs to, and will, be done.

On the brighter side.....my kids are doing AWESOME! My son aced a science project and nearly aced a science test. I'm so proud of him. He handled himself very maturely under pressure. My daughter is doing just as good. Cute as a button and smart as a whip - personality and all....they both make me laugh soooo much. The other day we went sled ridding in my back yard. Ok....so I only went down the hill 4 times, but it was fun nonetheless. They were outside much longer than I was. Once the camera and camcorder batteries died, I was done. I think tomorrow, we'll play "hot potato"!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Well, you can see if he shows when there's no change of clothes waiting. He may also be feeling you out.

You and the kids sound great. You sound strong. You can love him and he can love you but still not be able to be together because of the drinking and whatever else was going on with him. You sound like you're going to be just fine to me
Old 01-27-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Did he take his dirties with him? If not, don't wash them.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks kathy....no I didn't wash them.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing great, Jess. When you look back on those sled-riding videos years from now you will be able to remember there were fun times in spite of G's actions. What great memories you are building for your children.

((()))
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Denny!!! We did have a blast!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sled riding sounds so fun- you sound like a wonderful mom