have you ever wondered how others got their screen name?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
If that were the case, wouldn't it be "Ras-row?"
Wasn't it Scooby Doo who talked like that? I can't remember Astro actually speaking. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by dogandbooklover View Post
Wasn't it Scooby Doo who talked like that? I can't remember Astro actually speaking. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile.
Here's some useless trivia to answer that question:

1. Once known as Tralfaz belonging to the fabulously rich Mr. Gottrockets this dog was found by The Jetsons years ago. Astro is the space age dog of the future and it can even talk! Meet Astro, family dog. Man's best friend.

2. The Jetsons' neighbour is miss Gyro and her dog Jazzibel (with which Astro has six puppies)

Six puppies? Dang, that Astro was one busy hound;-)
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Astro---the dog George (tried to) walked on the treadmill!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Irish yes with some italian too but I left that out because I had an irish themed wedding and AH is Irish and the phrase Irish Eyes Are Smilin and I am not. Depression at max. That is it.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

My friend Andy gave me an MC name back in the day... he incorporated the word "rhyme" into Emily, and got Emymily. I spelled it Emimily, but it's the same word. So yeah, nerdy 19 year olds listening to Common... thus, Emimily.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

With 8 cats and 2 dogs my name says it all. I can't turn away a stray.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I chose this name because it is how I feel in my life now...blessed to be! I know my past sucked, but I am here now. I have a wonderful husband and three beautiful children. I am still a little wacky, but on the road to recovery. Soo, in spite of the efforts of my parents to screw me up...I feel blessed2be.

((((((HUGS)))))))
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I read that book too, it was great! My screen name -- I love the beach and can really relax there unlike other places. So I thought up the name Beachbum. Sounded kinda fun.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Jazzman, me too. I like Chris Botti too.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
The girl with the broken smile

My children are my heaven on earth and I have 3 of them =)
Heavenlyx3
Old 01-25-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Mine is in-a-way fairly obvious, also.

I'm in Texas and I a Dumb.
Dumb to do the stuff to myself and my family that I have.
I thought I could have both - beer and family.
And I do not even like beer. I like the buzz or at least the way it relieves my worries - numb and number.....
I also did not drink everyday or even every week. I did not have to "finish" off the beer that was left. I would save them for "next" time.
But my drinking meant I wasn't doing anything else - I do not clean, mow, garden or much else major when drinking.
It takes up ALL my time and a most of the next couple of days just to recover and get to feeling better...

Why would I drink poison that hurts me?
That makes me very DUMB!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

MISSY... I had my real name before but I had the hope that my AH would eventually sign in which never happened. Then he wouldnt catch on to who I am.
The symbol beneath my name is what I am involved with since my son died and all his organs were donated to keep others living a norman life. precious to my family.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm new in this forum but not on this site. I post a lot on the Alcholism forum and just ventured into the Adult Child forum. (My parents are both As, my husband doesn't drink but HIS dad was an A and his mom was an extremely rigid, religious codie, who maybe did even more damage to him than his dad). Anyway, I came to realize I have some more growing up to do, so I am going to my first Al-Anon meeting tomorrow. So I guess I belong here in this forum too.

And I chose the screen name came2believe because I came to believe that a power greater than myself could restore me to sanity and remove my obsession to drink. Little did I know how much else this power is capable of doing, and how badly I need to trust this power, with everything... and how much more I need this power to do for me what I can't do alone.

And I still believe... every day. I have to! It's a matter of survival.

Thanks for letting me share
Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Dolorosa means sorrowful in Latin, and that's how I've been feeling.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

What a cool thread. I too was hoping for some interesting story on mallowcup. i'm thinking maybe it's just the candy. Come to think of it, I've never seen one of those around here. BUT anywho......

fartheralong....

I had been reading up on Al-Anon as there were no meetings I could get to locally, I had lurked on this forum as a 'guest' for long enough to at least see the benefits of 'detatching/not engaging' even if I didn't fully understand it. So one day after we'd argued and I was telling myself that 'this was not my problem' I was washing the dishes and whistling. Trying not to be upset and drawn in. I realized I was whistling 'Farther Along', an old hymnal that I remember my graddaddy often hummed. And I stopped washing and thought--My God, how appropriate. The song's lyrics tell how even though we don't always understand things now, and things are confusing, that later on--farther along, we'll understand why.

And now looking back, that means even more to me. Because it's right. When I was neck deep in chaos, life was hades, but now? Life is great and wonderful and chaos free. Thank you, Lord.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blizzard77 View Post
I was 6 during the blizzard of 77 in Buffalo. It was so cool. All that snow, no school, playing in 10ft of snow (I love the snow). I also love Buffalo, it's where I grew up and I miss home so much.
I remember the blizzard of 77! I was 7 years old, and remember the snow going all the way up our front door. I'm in southern Ontario, and I used to watch the Buffalo TV stations when I was kid. I remember Commander Tom (channel 7?) and the annoying blonde lady on channel 17 asking me to get my parents while I was watching Sesame Street. I woke my mom up early one morning to say, "The lady on TV wants to talk to you!" LOL