Freaking OUT

Old 04-11-2003, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Freaking OUT

I'm coming up on 90 days, my boyfriend had 90 yesterday and he relapsed on smack. I'm totally freaking out here. This morning, before I even knew I had a pretty good idea he did so I told his dad because my boyfriend told me that if he ever did, or i thought he did, to tell him... now his dad is talking about kicking him, etc. I've since talked to b/f and he did relapse. I feel horrible but I was only trying to look out for him. I am physically sick wiht pain right now.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Laura,

It's okay. You did nothing wrong. The dad would have known sooner or later. It hard thing to hide when a person is using.

I hope the b/f will know that a slip doesn't mean doom. He can start again today and make it through just these 24 hours. Nothing more, just 24 hours at a time.

Do ya'll go to AA? If not, I'd suggest it. A great source of support can be found there plus a world of wisdom.

Hang in there and keeping doing the right thing for you which is not using. Tell the b/f it's okay. Just start again, start with today.

Hangin' In
Old 04-11-2003, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you... I attend AA regularly, I'm just hanging in there till my meeting in 2 hours. We are in different states right now which makes this twice as hard. I was supposed to see him next weekend for the first time in 3 months and now I don't think i will. I'm so sad, I just wnat to cry but I cna't cuz i'm at work.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Laura,

Your HP is with you. It's okay to feel sad. I'm so glad you have a meeting to attend. You know those folks there will understand you and what you are going through.

Laura, your HP has a plan for your life. You just keep working that program and trusting your HP. He also has a plan for your b/f's life. Just encourage the b/f to pick himself up and dust himself off and get back in the game.

And believe it or not, I DID cry at work today. Friends of ours lost their son just this a.m. to alcohol and drugs. I cried all afternoon and no one cared. I guess I looked so pitiful that no one would dare say anything.

You hang in there, hon. With each passing sober day better days are coming for you.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you so much for your words. I'm meeting up with someone in the program in a half hour and then will be at the meeting. Thanks for helping me out through the day, it's greatly appreciated. You're right, HP has a plan for all of us and I just need to learn that I can trust and believe that with my heart <3. Sorry to hear about your loss, my deepest sympathies.