Emergency help please!!! 911

Old 01-14-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Emergency help please!!! 911

I recived a email from Stephens email address saying that he needs help. if i could contact his brother to go get him. I believe these emails are from him. i talked to his brother who said he spoke with Stephen yesterday, he said that Stephen is out of money and is going to be homeless. I do not want this for father of my children, the man I still love. Stephen told his brother that he has paychecks but can't cash them because he has no ID, so I sent a email back and said if I had a adress i could send him his birth cert and a old ID that I have. I'm freaked out and confussed. The email said it was a friend, but it was from his email. Is he playing with my head? I called some numbers from his phone bill and talked to a guy that hired him but he told me that Stephen has not shown up for work in over 3 weeks and they have not been able to get a hold of him. I'm scared truly scared. What do I need to do?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Nothing,
Let him hit his bottom, I know it's hard, but DO NOTHING.
Call your Sponsor !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 01-14-2007, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't it suck ? My ex wife used to call me to bail her out of her "emergencies", which I did. It's hard to watch someone you loved, and still care for, suffer. Be it their own damm fault or not. Now I'm out 5 grand.
  # 4 (permalink)  

kermit.....well, he still has internet and electricity. i bet he still is able to get booze and cigs, if he smokes. if it were me, and it was my x emailing me, the most i would do is to email him back and ask him if he wanted me to call 911 for him.

does he have a phone? why is he asking you to call his brother for him?

jmo

great advice, mr c.....kermie, call your sponsor
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Let go, someone is playing a game on you, trying to get either money or information from you.

Don't get sucked into this scam. The price is too high.

If he is homeless, so be it, he chose his path, you didn't. Let him find recovery, by not enabling him,,,Yes, he is the father of your child, is that the kind of father she deserves? I doubt it.

Think with your head, not your heart.

Dolly
Old 01-14-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

If he calls again or you get contact, suggest the local AA meeting. He will get a freash cup of coffee and what he needs.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I ditto the above. He has to hit his own rock bottom. I am soooooo sorry you are going through this. We are here for you.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Let it go, kermit. Call your sponsor.

Anyone, ANYONE can call and get copies of their ID. Do the loving thing.

Much love and many hugs to you and, as always, take what you like and leave the rest.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I'm affraid he is going to kill himself. I'm affraid to pick up the phone or answer the door.. I will let it go. my life is here now with my 3 kids. MR C, thank you. All I can do is hope and pray that this IS his bottom and he gets help.It is up to him.

Thanks everyone
Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with the rest, call your sponsor and talk this through.
If it truely was a friend writing on his behalf, why isn't that friend helping him? And if he can still use his internet, he still has electricity, doesn't sound like someone who's a step away from being homeless.

Stay strong and work your recovery, not his....
Old 01-14-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Another e-mail. I won't go into what it said, he still clames to be "a friend of Stephens" I wrote back and said Stephen please go get the help you need go to a homeless shelter and call aa there is nothing I can do your brother has no money to help you it is up to you to get the help you need,wow that was tough but I sent it. I asked him not to contact me ubless he wants help getting sober.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Kermit, I think you did the right thing.....good for you!!!

You cannot help someone who is unwilling to help themselves. It is better for you and your children that you keep living your life with as less drama as poosible, by not getting sucked into an A's "emergencies"
Old 01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

blessings to you. some days are really hard. too much chaos. i'm sorry. addiction is a horrible disease. k
Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

He claims it is a friend who has acces to his email because Stepen gave him his pass word. This person said he does not have any addictions that he is just depressed, I said then he know what to do.Call a Dr.i hate this!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Used to worry too

Kermit,

I used to worry too if whether or not my exah was going to kill him self. I learned and came to believe that if he is going to kill himself, he is going to do it whether or not I am there. I am not so powerful as to stop someone from doing killing themselves, in fact I am powerless over people. It is hard that you have heard from him and that there is so much emotion surrounding you at this time.

You are right, your world is with your kids now. That is alot to handle in and of itself. Take care of you. Give him to God. Also you don't need drama of a mysterious emailer on his account. That is playing with your heart strings and making your heart bleed and you don't know for sure if it him or not.

Take care, breathe, hug your kiddos.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Kermee you are doing exactly the right thing. You don't know if it really is Stephen. Probably somebody that sold him some booze or drugs in exchange for his email account.

Get on the phone and call the local office of al-anon. Talk to the people there. Get to a meeting of al-anon, any meeting, just so you have real people to talk to. Keep posting here. Whatever you do, don't be alone.

You can also mark his email address as "spam" and your software will block any further emails.

Hang on tight to your recovery and you will get thru this.

Mike
Old 01-14-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I can't do this anymore, I'm breaking people breaking. I'm going to go out to the garage and get some laundry done, get my mind busy on house things.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Keep your mind bz. Block the e-mail account for right now. Sounds like someone is just trying to get some $ from you. Could be a scam. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FROG....Fully Relying On God

Prayers going up for both of you Kerm
AA Hugs,
Jig
Old 01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Kermit, stay out of God's way. He's at work. Anything could happen, even very good things. Trust in Him. He's way older than you and He knows what He's doing.