telling the dr. and adoption?

Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

As I stated in my post ... This is a Trigger for me. I see it seems to be a trigger for some other people too...

Regardless, lets stick to our own personal courage, strength and hope and not take personal swipes at each other. I dont want to close this thread .... it has alot of good informaiton.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeangel View Post
your post almost brought me to tears, because really, my ah is the most giving person too. he would do anything for anyone. he cooks, he cleans, he has taken care of me when i have been really sick. i was in a car accident and it was bad to say the least and i had to have surgery and guess who was right there changing bandages, cleaning vomit when i was throwing up every 10 minutes nonstop for about two days, yep ah. he has come through time and again when he has needed to. my heart tells me he would be a great father (GIVEN THE CHANCE) also, he himself, was adopted.

THANK YOU!!!
I've been following this thread, but really haven't said anything yet. I figured after reading this post I'd have my say.

Yes, your husband sounds wonderful. He obviously loves you and takes care of you to the best of his ability. However, the cooking, cleaning and taking care of you when you were sick and injured, well, those are things that a loving spouse is SUPPOSED to do. It's great that he did them. He's your husband and he should have done these things.

As a father he MAY behave this way as well, but I would have serious reservations about bringinig a child, biological or adopted, into a volatile situation. The environment, as it stands in your first post, is no place for a child.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

MY exAH has been both (still is)....the most generous,caring,loving person or the scary,selfish angry,mean one. Problem is, no one (not even him) knows "which" one he will be at any given moment any more.

The progression of the disease changes the patterns that I thought I knew and could negotiate around. (I did it for 25 plus years before I couldn't do it anymore). Our children had enough of it a year or two before I did....

IMO...let go and let God. Sorry you are in this situation;I pray that the best situation finds you.

p.s. He especially loves our children and wants to be (and does try!) to be the best father he can be. Trouble is, as an active alcoholic, he is not the best father he should be or would be if he were not drinking,etc. It is impossible. He WAS that man at one time. They deserve better......he does,too.