Let me Know If I'm Wrong here!!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

There is another angle on this that I see too.

Mr. C, how many times are your feeling really hurt because you are so focused on one person that you get yourself "wraped up" in her only to find out that she is just not wanting the same thing... then your let down and hurt. Maybe if you were not so "focused" on one person you would be more relaxed and not get disapointed so much. Think of it as going out with good friends.... instead of "dating".
Old 01-10-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am finally getting back into the dating scene. I seem to be pouplar for the moment.......but I think I am a fad, like silly puddy or slinkys! LOL

I do not consider myself a player, and I almost feel like I'm cheating if/when I date other people. But I have made no commitments to anyone, no sex and I treat them nice and they have my full attention when I am with them. I kind of like having them as friends that ,who knows, may one day be something more.

But I am not ready for any real commitments at the moment. After my XAW, I guess I have my armor still on and don't want to get hurt. But it is also important to me that I dont hurt anyone else. I have seen too much pain as of late.

But I am still lonely and enjoy meeting new people. After 19 years of marriage, I want to shop around.

Is that wrong ladies?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You know my views.... Nope not wrong if everyone understands and your open and honest.

The men I date know that Im dating others..... maybe one of them will become something more but that is not the case today.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

us ladies have an expression that we use all the time....shop till ya drop!!

i bet you are popular guy.....a single guy who is taking care of his children, goes to church, and who had a real bad patch???? why, i'd be making you a casserole, too.

and, no, i don't believe you are a fad....you are terrific!!!!......i've followed your posts, and admire how you have taken such wonderful care of your girls.

hey...add hula hoops and etch-a-sketches to your list of fads.

have fun shopping, and dating. you sound very courteous and thoughtful.

jeri
Old 01-10-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Well I talked to this young lady today.
I told her how I had felt and what was bothering me. She told me she understands really but does want to see me again. She said she felt a strong attraction to me and thinks we get along great. She wants to see where it leads to.

So with that she also said she was just being careful since she was hurt not too long ago.

Well, I can understand that also. So long story short, we will go out Friday.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

That's great. Now, remember, Soupie, keep those geeky Clark Kent glasses in your pocket.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I just got my cape out of the cleaners, so I'm set.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

And hopefully the tights, too. You know how they tend to be tighter when they've just been laundered. All I can say is what I'm visualizing now is, how shall I say it? WOW-WEE!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I can see both sides here, Mr. C. While it's true you need to do what is within your comfort zone, you've also shared that your way of doing it in the past hasn't been working.

If you and this woman really hit it off, why don't you continue to see her as friends? Why not try a slow getting to know you kind of thing? I'd maybe examine why I thought I was in competition with other people.

I have heard great stories from people who are now coupled who say they initially met 1, 2, 3 years before they actually started dating seriously. If she's as nice as you seem to think, why cut her off completely?

Either way, you have to decide what fits for you and I wish you the best with it. I have to say I really admire the way you continue to put yourself out there.

((()))
Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

oops

Last edited by newenglandgirl; 01-11-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: she already started new thread:)