thank goodness for pets!

Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking thank goodness for pets!

My 2 kitties keep me sane. Lets start a game...name your cats, dogs, birds, whatever and how they show you love. My cats, Maggie and Maximus, sleep in my lap and always greet me at the door
Old 01-07-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cat - Newman - snuggles in my lap and nuzzles my neck like a little baby
Dog (Pomeranian) - Cosmo - smiles when he sees me and is always looking to cuddle and give little kisses
Old 01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cats- "Fats", "Jeppetto", and "Tom"

Dogs- "Emmie" (German Shepard) and "Gizmo"(Mexican Chihuahua)

This is the only picture I have on line

Fats

Old 01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 01-07-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

cute pics! I don't have any yet on my new computer...
Old 01-07-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Guess I'd better figure out how to download photos of my "boys" so everyone can see how WEIRD a purebred Cornish Rex looks compared to normal cats!

My guys are CFA Neelix of Roseric, whom I named "Mr. Boo Boo Petite" - commonly referred to as Boo-Boo and CFA Starstruck's Ring Ding of Roseric whom I named "Bear." Rexies have an extremely docile disposition, but they love to be in the center of whatever you are doing. They are dog-like in their affection towards people and have spring-loaded hind legs. Boo can jump about 7 feet in the air.

My guys snuggle up with me in bed every night and enjoy "grooming" my ears. Also, they don't shed like regular cats, which is a real plus when it comes to housecleaning!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My profile picture is my J-Man. A warm affectionate loving cat. He could always sense when I needed him and would curl up next to me when I was feeling sad. He didn’t really meow much – it was more like a cackle. When he wanted something he would may a sound like kkkkkkk like he was chattering. It was so funny. If I didn’t respond when he had a desire, he would smack me with his paw or come up and gently bite at the back of my leg to get my attention.

He had a stroke on December 28th and I had to have him put to sleep on January 3rd.
I miss him terribly but he will always be here with me in spirit.

Glass Prisoner – my J-Man looks just like your fats. Is he part Maine Coone?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

dayxday

I am so sorry you had to have your beloved cat put to sleep. I've gone through that and it is the worst grief I have ever felt in my life. I was sobbing like a baby in front of a total stranger (vet assistant) when I held my Nellie for the last time.

They are so intuitive, aren't they? They know when we're hurting and they'll come up and stick close to us. He WILL always be with you. I don't know if you believe in Rainbow Bridge, but I certainly hope that in the next life I will be reunited at that bridge with all the wonderful pets I've lost.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pets are fabulous! They love you unconditionally and are ALWAYS happy to see you!

I've got plenty of them!

Maddie, Winnie, Luna and Dixie - Australian shepherds -Luna and Dixie aren't 9 weeks old yet and Dixie is temporary. It's going to SUCK when she leaves!

Owl - Pigeon - Yes, a pet pigoen!

Tank - Turtle

Missy - Squirrel

I'm not sure how to add pictures. I'll work on that later today.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My cat Sai is a 3-year old girl. She purrs a lot, and she loves imitating me!
when i eat, she goes to her food bowl.
when i go to bed, she jumps into her bed which is right next to mine. and she sleeps there till i get up in the morning!
and now she's sitting right to the computer monitor.

HHTexas, thanks for this thread! It reminds me how lucky i am to have such a loving cat!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi my name is Sharon and Im an Alcoholic....

I have several pets in my life that are Sobriety
Gifts....

I never had pets growing up so when I got
sober....much to my negative thoughts about
them......Eventually my HP blessed me with
some precious gifts in recovery...

My 2 "boys" Lucky and Gus....both are brothers....

They will forever be my "babies" ...They r such a
joy to have in my life.....

I also have had several cockateils which both
have gone off the Rainbow Bridge....Today I have
a little Love bird named Peady....a little green bird
with beautiful colors in his tail....

I can't imagine what life would be like without
these gifts so graciously given to me in sobriety.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

my constant companion is rudy....12 year old maltese mix....a rescue from our local humane society. he is adorable....and he loves me as much as i love him. my kids say it's because i open the can of mighty dog....but i know better.

he is quiet and contemplating.....he watches my every move and reacts....if i sit down, he is right beside me.....if i am cooking, he sits right at my feet. when i go to bed, he is right at my back.

i take him with me whenever i go on vacations because i couldn't stand to leave him alone with someone else. he is my rudy-dog.

and i am grateful for his love, loyality, and companionship
Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

My baby

My baby is a black lab, hes 3 and is my best bud. He is always aiming to make me smile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cyprusi nthe yard.jpg (42.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

2 cats, Toonces and Pumpkin. One is so snuggly I could hug her all day.

My mom's dog is Pepper and he loves when I visit. I miss living with him.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My four legged "babies" are :

Asia -- A 5 yr old tabby/tiger stripe cat that was a stray that my sister found. (A stray that grew and grew until one day, she had 5 kittens !!!!)
She is a lap kitty.......she talks to me with meows......she is my best friend.
She has been really sick the last couple of weeks, but seems to be on the mend....

Macy -- A gray and white cat that was also a stray.........this time with a girl's name, but was in fact a little boy. He also "talks". He is about 1 yr old. He sleeps across my legs everynight. He is a blessing, as all animals are.

They make my home "home".
Old 01-08-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have two babies- Mitsy medium hair tuxedo cat and Ashes short hair all white except for this little grey smear on her head. They are both 5 months old. And little terrors but so sweet at the same time.
They love to wrestle- My living room looks like a wwf wrestling match at night. But when it's time for bed they clim in with my boyfriend and I . Ashes loves to need her paws into my neck when I'm trying to sleep and she drools!

Snickers Orange and White Tabby cat 13 years old- My boyfriends cat, and the moodiest cat you will ever meet. She only likes him.

Tazz- 11 year old Black Lab - He is the biggest sweetheart, and quite the moose!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok, if you really want to know......Dogs are Ginger, 10 1/2 yo Golden/Chow mix (Found her way into our fence and pet door when she was just 8 weeks old and the only other dog my American Eskimo liked) Rex, 3 1/2 yo long haired Chihuahua mix (rescued from a house w/6 other dogs and 44 cats). Here we go with the cats......the Big Baby is 11 yo (or Big B*t*h as she is sometimes called), the fabulous five are all 4 yo sisters that I had to hand feed when momma kitty had an infection (Names are 1.Sapo 2.Peanut 3.Cricket (who is my avatar right now) 4.Conayho and 5.Miss Wiggles (chooses to live next in the mother-in-law apartment with her mom-mom but visits occasionally). Last but not least are the 2 strays that I adopted a few months ago. Gus (who had lost most of his fur and was almost starved) and Smokey (the only cat I've ever seen throw a temper tantrum). Whew!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rainbow Bridge

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
I don't know if you believe in Rainbow Bridge, but I certainly hope that in the next life I will be reunited at that bridge with all the wonderful pets I've lost.
Hi there prodigal
You know lately my life seems to be full of coincidence. I had not heard of the rainbow bridge until today. I received a condolence card from the vet today and inside is a really pretty insert with the rainbow bridge poem printed on it. Thank you for mentioning it.
dayxday
Old 01-08-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I also have 2 boys. Both are Min Pins. 4 year old-Diesel and 2 year old Thai.
Diesel sits on my chest and when I make kissie noises, he puts his cheek against my mouth for a kiss. I love them both. Thai makes these little growls when someone trys to take him out of my arms, like "back off, I'm happy with my mom" God was so great when he made pets for us, he knows what we need, and when we need them.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Two dogs, Maggie-Beagle, Mitzi- Shih-tzu, and two cats Spaz, and Ivy. Love them to death!
Ivy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...egansBD023.jpg
Spaz:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...egansBD022.jpg

Maggie and Mitzi:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ber2006064.jpg