first meeting!!

Old 04-07-2003, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

first meeting!!

well, it has been a few days since i have been here. but i am back. i went to my first alanon meeting tonight. i am happy to say that it was well worth it. i am happy to talk to people who are not judgemental of my situation and who have been there themselves. the told me nolt to make any decisions for the next six months as far as my relationship with my A is concerned. to work on me and get to feeling good about me. they told me that i didn't have to share my story tonight, but i did. and man do i feel better. better to not be judged like when you tell friends or family. they said sometimes it is not good to tell your family because they will judge you and confuse you more. i am going to try and go two or three times this week for me. just thought i would share my experience of my first meeting with you.

thanks

jen
Old 04-07-2003, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Jen

Well good for you!!! And it only gets better.

It sounds like you found a terrific group and I know that the longer you go, the stronger you will get.

I know that it's a little scary going to the first meeting, but there is really nothing to be afraid of, is there.

Congratulations and Hugs
Old 04-08-2003, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Jen,
OH MY GOSH! Look at our pics! I think we are twins separated at birth!!!!

So glad you found your first Al Anon meeting welcoming and good for you. I feel the same way about my Al Anon group. My group is a great source of support and I'm sure your's will continue to be so, also.

So keep going. The meetings will get better and I bet you will also. Hang in there, Gal. There are happier times ahead for you.

Btw, I love your hair!...