Struggling with Normalcy

Old 01-06-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Cynay, you ambitious lil' thing! hee heee. Have some fun, relax, you don't really have to pick one yet, do ya? ENJOY, you will know the answer. Normal?
Is anyone? I have said before, when I started Alanon it helped me thru more than living w/ the A. Tools for life. However, our attraction to certain personality types will be there, it is just a responsibility of ours to find what is safe, healthy and satisfying to us. I think in an earlier post, you talked about the personality of someone who has been thru a "hard" time. It does change a person, more aware, more compassionate, and some other very appealing characteristics. Chemistry and that "inner pull" to someone are hard to ignore..... Just enjoy, but I sure know your concerns.....
Old 01-06-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cynay View Post
... As of last night it is now - 4 - guys Im dating....
Dang, girl !!! We're going to have to put a warning sticker on you. "Hot babe, handle with gloves"

Mike
Old 01-06-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

*laughs*

Yep a warning sticker would be approprate.....

Its not all that, sound like more then it really is.

Mazy your right.... I dont have to choose today. I do know when the internal matches the external.... I do know when Im passionate about a person, why do I fight that??? Welll maybe my shrink and I need to work some more on that issue... You are also right that part of the attraction is that Alcoholics in recovery have usually gone through so much more and they are SO much more appreciative of what life provides....

Well today I only have one date... and Im looking forward to him VERY much... so today I will only think about one person. Tommrow is a different story but I dont have to think about that till tommrow.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

That a girl!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
Normal is what each one of us decides is _healthy_ for us. In turn that means that we each have to be responsible for making our own definition of "normal".
I love this. I think I might be able to say I'm "normal" when I make that decision without seeking outside validation. Cynay, that's not take issue with what you're doing, because that wasn't really your question. But to know, without a doubt, that I am living the life I want to, and feeling good about it, that would be normal to me.

Great thread!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I decided I am normal.hee hee