xabf/ issues at work

Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

xabf/ issues at work

We work together. He just left a msg to tell me that he hoped things didn't remain as uncomfortable for me at work as they seem to now. His tone was almost rude. Or just annoyed that I didn't answer maybe. Or annoyed that I've completely avoided eye contact and his area when possible. This afternoon we were both leaving the building, I quickly looked away and continued walking fast. At any rate it seemed like he wanted to scold me for my behavior which I promise is nothing more than passive. I haven't said a word to anyone at work about him. I just can't allow myself to be kind to him. I am doing nothing more than treating him like a stranger.

If I call him or answer his call it will become an argument I'm sure.
If I continue working there....I could take further steps to avoid his path, for example parking near another exit, leaving a few minutes late, taking things to his dept when he's on break (often for smokes).
I'm supposing explaining that he's finally crossed a line with me and I can't even look at him is pointless?

I'm just confused. I don't want to go to work and possibly face him everyday like this. I don't like hating him. But if I don't I fear I'll get sucked back in.

I gone without talking much to him in the past but then I didn't have such anger for him. AND I WENT BACK. I'm hoping I have enough strength to move on though I'm in the same building everyday.

any suggestions? new job maybe but that would take TIME. Plus I like my job and benefits.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My Lord, how difficult it must be to work in the same place. I can't even imagine.

I'm supposing explaining that he's finally crossed a line with me and I can't even look at him is pointless?
I dunno if I'm right about this or not (as usual LOL) but I don't think this is such a bad idea. Essentially you're setting a boundary: we need to coexist at work, but I don't want any unnecessary contact with you. I've always been a fan of playing fair and letting them know what's up. The hard part is making ourselves live up to it after we say it-- clearly and once.

Say what you mean and do what you say but don't say it mean-- or something. You know what I'm gettin at.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's goooood deax...lololo

bout meaning what you do and saying mean what you don't do or something like that!!!! roflmao
Old 01-03-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hehe, for some reason I can never get that one straight....
Old 01-04-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I re-examined my feelings about this issue right after I posted and what I discovered was that I was worried about what HE thought of me. ONce again! I was concerned that I looked like the bad guy at work to him.

Once I admitted that to myself I felt better. I'm not going to waste my time hating him. I decided to be nuetral at work. I will have to on occasion talk to him. And I can handle that. Actually I did today. I wasn't icy to him and I wasn't friendly either.

Today I, that is ME, felt better about me and my recovery.

Like you guys say his opinion is none of my business.