Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Thanks

Thank you for your encouragement. I'm standing firm, AH has calmed down, gotten over it, no apologies from me. He complained about walking 5 miles home after getting out of the "facility".....you had a cell phone, I would have picked you up. Not sorry I called the cops, that was YOUR fault. Don't think he'll seek treatment, he thinks AA is for losers. Whatever. We had a quiet New Years Eve, the first time he's been sober on NYE since I met him. He wasn't too thrilled about drinking sparkling cider at midnight, but he wasn't going to drink alone. When I commented about his first NYE in the house with the family (vs in the garage) he thought I was wrong, bitching as usual, but I know better. I don't really care anymore, I'll take it one day at a time, and today is a good day.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear today is a good day....

We can only do 24 hours at a time...
Old 01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear your standing firm. That's awesome that you have set boundaries and are sticking to them. Calling the sheriff took a lot of courage.

Have you had a chance to call the local al-anon office? Been to any meetings and picked up any literature? I found those meetings to be wonderfuly helpful and informative. If you think people here are kind and giving wait 'till you meet us "codies" at a real life meeting

Mike
Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm so glad you are learning new ways to interact, 'stand your ground' and do what is right for you and your children. When I read this quote of yours, I couldn't help but think the same thing that Cynay said about how far along you are in your recovery!
I'll take it one day at a time, and today is a good day.
Like they say in the rooms of Alanon: "Keep coming back, it works if you work it, so work it you're worth it!"