yup he called

Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

yup he called

2 days after the verbal assalt (many beers later I am sure) he called just minutes ago and left a message.

"you're right, I'm just angry these days, angry at myself, you have absolutely nothing to do with it so don't feel bad about anything. I won't bother you any further"

this has all been said and promised before but I will try to look at this as genuine and take the "don't feel bad part" serious and NOT ALLOW him into my life anymore. I need to always remember that night if nothing else as a reminder that he is TOXIC. Also that even if he were by some miracle, to ever decide to be sober I believe that he'd rather be with his ex-wife with whom he has children and that that is best.

let him go, let him go, let him go...
Old 01-01-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing good there sketscher.

You're right, letting go is definetly the right thing. When I get to feeling that way I remind myself to let go, and then I go grab something healthy and positive. Like the telephone to call a friend in recovery just to ask them how _they_ are doing.

Today I called my sponsor and we went out for dinner. Had a great time. Feel much better too.

Mike
Old 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Youre sounding a lot more positive. Good for you.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Sketscher,
You said bang on...he is TOXIC. When it comes to sick situations, you have two choices..you can get out or stay and get sick right along with it.
I know it's very difficult to get those we have grown "attached" to out of our lives. Have you ever heard anything about a little hormone called "oxytocin" and what it does to women? It's quite an interesting concept...how it works and how it can keep us attached.

I'm happy for ya....sounds like your making your move. Remember...2007 is our year!
T