two down....one to go

Old 12-31-2006, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

two down....one to go

well, gang, we have made it through thanksgiving, christmas, and we are only a few hours away from making it through new years.

for many of us this is our first holiday season without our spouses/so....and it has been a real life experience, for sure.

funny thing is, nothing really earth shattering happened by being alone for the holidays....in fact, it was somewhat peaceful for me.

when he was here, it was not pleasant....i dreaded the holidays. this year i've experienced a certain peace, seasoned with just a hint of bittersweets, but peace, nonetheless. well, except for the hissy fit i threw.

happy new year to all of you, your experience, strength, and hope have helped me more than you will ever know.

jeri
Old 12-31-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bang On

I'm brand new here on this particular forum...and thrilled to find it.

But I share your sentiment...this Christmas has been the most "peaceful" I have known in years. It's like I finally grasped the meaning of peace. I'm a recovering drunk and codie..a newbie at both. But this year, no drama, no pain, no misery...like you..just some bittersweet moments I managed to the best of my ability.

A glorious 2007 to all,
T.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the sissy fit you described...I know you felt you were disapointed in yourself for that. But gal you got guts! I admire that and I am sure he loves the strong woman you are. And if he doesn't I sure do!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Embraced---Happy New Year to you and to all on this forum!!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well ... it was my first Christmas without my parents and it was much more peaceful. We haven't seen them since the last super drunk episode right before Christmas. Happy New Year to us all!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ugh, yes, I remember the worst Christmas, it was 2002. He was hungover and mean that morning....dragged me out of the bed and across the floor. I had carpet burns from that. Then he proceeded to get really drunk and couldn't understand why I wasn't happy just because he'd bought me an expensive bracelet. Yikes. This Christmas was actually quite nice, and I'm betting I have a better time tonight too.
Happy New Year, Jeri and all,
TG
Old 12-31-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy New Year's to each and everyone of you!!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey everyone !

This is my first sober New Years in a decade or more. Thank God, some of us make it !

Good Luck and God Bless all of you.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Jeri.

Cat

Originally Posted by embraced2000 View Post
well, gang, we have made it through thanksgiving, christmas, and we are only a few hours away from making it through new years.

for many of us this is our first holiday season without our spouses/so....and it has been a real life experience, for sure.

funny thing is, nothing really earth shattering happened by being alone for the holidays....in fact, it was somewhat peaceful for me.

when he was here, it was not pleasant....i dreaded the holidays. this year i've experienced a certain peace, seasoned with just a hint of bittersweets, but peace, nonetheless. well, except for the hissy fit i threw.

happy new year to all of you, your experience, strength, and hope have helped me more than you will ever know.

jeri