Unacceptable???????????

Old 12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatsTail View Post
I'm asking because I'm fearing he is right and I over-react to the B!!!!!!! word.
Why on earth would you let someone else decide that?
Old 12-31-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

you've let him get yer tail in a spin, there girl....i understand....was there myself couple days ago.

why listen to the quacking of the big old noisey duck....quack, quack, quack!!!! nothing they say is true when they quack....i know you know this.

happy new year
love to you
jeri
Old 12-31-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I guess it's unacceptable if it absorbs. I've come to discover that if someone calls me a name, it's more of a reflection on who they are than who I am. I think people resort to name calling when nothing else is working for them. You can have a long drawn out fight with someone and when the word "fat" enters into it, the tears come....mission accomplished, they win because you are crying. I don't mind being called a bit--. I once heard that the definition of a bit-- is a woman who knows exactly what she wants.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry Cat,
I did not mean to sound insensitive or flip. I have to agree with Denny..why would you let anyone else decide that? His words are a reflection on him...not on you.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Doesn't it all depend on who says it? The people we care about can put us in a tailspin with a look. No words needed. Those we do not love we can let it just slid by, consider the source and forget it??

I was very sensitive to my hubby shutting a door.

Is this someone you love?

They fear what we do that leaves them out. They call everyone we are close to names. Mine called people I worked with stupid.
Now I feel it was because he wanted me to only listen to his opinions, an EGO thing. Or he was trying to get across if I worked there I had to be stupid. LOL. They need to be the smartest.

Every male I have heard of says something against Al-Anon, or thearpy.
Fear??

Just my 2 cents, maybe I am off base here. How are you doing now?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

If it bothers YOU, then it is not right. The word "fat" does it for me....
Old 01-01-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It's right what Jeri said he has me in a tailspin.

And has always hated Alanon and basically anyone that wouldn't support his cause.

They hate Alanon out FEAR because they know they won't get an enabler.

Calling me a bitch has always been the way he can really get to me.

Cat

Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
Doesn't it all depend on who says it? The people we care about can put us in a tailspin with a look. No words needed. Those we do not love we can let it just slid by, consider the source and forget it??

I was very sensitive to my hubby shutting a door.

Is this someone you love?

They fear what we do that leaves them out. They call everyone we are close to names. Mine called people I worked with stupid.
Now I feel it was because he wanted me to only listen to his opinions, an EGO thing. Or he was trying to get across if I worked there I had to be stupid. LOL. They need to be the smartest.

Every male I have heard of says something against Al-Anon, or thearpy.
Fear??

Just my 2 cents, maybe I am off base here. How are you doing now?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Not only does he not get an enabler...put those who go to Al-Anon go because there is an "Alcoholic" in their lives. He knows that "alcoholic" would be him. If he's not prepared to quit (I dunno much about the fellow), he maybe not be willing to admit he is one...but your Al-anon participation would hit him where he lives.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

If someone is calling you names, they aren't trying to communicate. They are trying to hurt you, so they keep going until they do. How do I know that? They shut up when they make you cry.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I know Mallowcup I notice one thing when they've done it it's like the whole thing never happened and they seem happy.

Cat
Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Royalty

I thought the refrigerator wasn't blue.......
Old 01-03-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Royalty

What's a good response to blame?

That's the title of the thread about the refrigerator.....I can't seem to get any quotes/urls put in any of my messages now....so here is a copy of it, I hope...

I think to myself "Just because someone says it, doesn't make it true"
and
"My refrigerator's not blue"

Early in recovery, on one of those many conversations with my sponsor, I was dealing with statement that someone had some that really had no truth to it - she told me to walk to my kitchen - asked me "What color is my refrigerator?" "It's beige" I replied. She said "No it's not, it's blue" I said "No it's beige" She said "we could have this arguement all night, no matter how many times I say it - it will never make your refrigerator blue, so how can an A make those statements to be true about you, that you know deep inside that they are untrue."
So, many times, when I just have to walk away - I will be mumbling under my breath "My refrigerator's not blue, my refrigerator's not blue" - "Just because someone says it doesn't make it true"

Just my e,s, & h,
Rita