The Greatest Gift

Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Greatest Gift

I'm sure you all have been here.......totally stressed out, making yourself sick b/c all the money you know you are going to spend for Christmas and trying like hell to pay the bills too. Well, on top of Christmas, I have BOTH of my kids birthdays. They deserve to have a good Christmas and their birthdays are special days so those days need to be good too.

About three weeks ago........I said, "To HELL WITH MY BILLS". KIDS FIRST! haha

Needless to say, my stress went away and the kids had a wonderful Christmas. They got everything (almost) that they wanted.

The best gift I got was today........out of the blue, my son came up to me, gave me a big hug, and thanked me for Christmas.....it is awesome to see him so happy, my daughter too.

My kids are my angels........they deserve the best!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JessicaNAJ View Post
...My kids are my angels........they deserve the best!
Thank you for sharing that wonderful story of hope and happiness. You have no idea how inspiring it is to see that folks do overcome the nightmare of addiction. And yes, your little ones _do_ deserve the best, that's why _their_ HP gave them you for a Mom

Mike

Last edited by DesertEyes; 12-29-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling obsession
Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awe....thanks Mike. You just brought tears to my eyes.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, Jess. I think the greatest gift you gave your kids (and yourself) this year did not come in a box. All of that is bonus. I'm glad you were able to do all of it. Happy birthday to them both.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too Denny. And I am so thankful that my HP has given me the strength do be strong enough to do everything I've been able to do....for them and for me.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There were no disappointments this year. You made that happen in many more ways than one. You brought the true spirit of Christmas to your house. Your kids felt the joy of peace.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

jessie.....you're awesome!!! your children are fortunate to have you as their mama. i remember when i first signed on this forum and reading your posts....you have really come far. good for you!!!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you Mallowcup and Embraced.....I think they brought the meaning of Christmas to me. The world can wait, they are only young once. I've lost too much time with them worrying about things out of my control.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I've come to realize, Jess, that my HP has provided me with everything I need to survive right here on earth--including the money needed to pay for Christmas gifts. All I have to do is reach out and find it. Have faith in your HP, the money will be there when you need it.

So happy to hear that you and the kiddies had a great holiday. In my house, we're still working on finding that darned Wii.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think my HP knew I had reached my limit....I was just overwhelmed here at home (my brother was working on my bathroom FOREVER...I wanted it done before Thanksgiving and it's still only 98% complete. I was overwhelmed with that b/c when I have the house decorated for Christmas I want it to look nice so I can enjoy my decorations...instead I came home everyday looking at this HUGE mess.) Anyway, I was overwhelmed with that, overwhelmed with not having enough money, I was on edge, crabby and very very easily agitated.

The turning point for me.....One friday night I went to my best friends house (like I do many many friday nights). I was mentally exhausted and she could tell. haha..she put me in time out! Yep, she wanted to "show me" how comfortable this hammock was that she had set up in her room. As soon as I layed in it, she lit a candle, turned on this "soothing sounds" thing she had, timed it for 30 minutes, turned out the light and told me she'll see me in 30 minutes. Of course she couldn't stay away that long, so she came in and listened to me unload and cry.

It wasn't long after that I said to hell with it all.......called the "bill people" and told them they weren't getting any money until mid January, and I asked my brother to put all the "mess" in the garage.

anyway..I'm rambling. I'll keep my eye out for that Wii for you
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Wow, sounds like your friend really knows how to take care of herself when she needs a pick-me-up. She already had a special place ready and waiting. A hammock, relaxing music, and a shoulder to cry on. We should all follow her example and create a special place like that for ourselves in our homes.