remain at home
0%
leave
100.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Seeking advice for myself, 3 kids

Old 12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you can't safely remove the guns, remove the ammo... unload the guns and hide the ammo.

Loaded guns and a loaded A are a BAD combo. Do whatever you have to do to keep you and the kids SAFE!

We all care about you here and we'd rather not see you on "news at 11"
Old 12-28-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Katy,

How are you doing today?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mazey View Post
You do have some serious concerns...get rid of the loaded guns for sure. Read here, there will be expertise reply soon. I'll be praying for you to find an answer and help.

Ditto

Please: GET RID OF THE GUNS,ETC!!!!

I wouldn't tell you to stay or go. Whatever you decide, your saftey and the safety of your children should be your primary responsibility.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Run like heck....guns and booze are nooo fun. And neither is just knowing that they are there together...

Kids "find" their parents guns alllll the time...need I say more. Get rid of the guns NOW. If hubby gets angry tell him too bad soo sad - get over it. Tell him to call a cop.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

know what? this is the very thing you hear on the news over and over again. "if she would have only got out"
Your not that powerful and he will not change. This disease is deadly one way or the other and very progressive. My AH came to this point before I did a professional intervention.
Weigh out the pros and coms.. he just never may hit his bottom. Sounds like you may have hit yours though and you need to take care of yourself. Unfortunately those children cant do that so you need to make decissions for them. They may grow up with that disease too so you MUST keep them away for that mess...
good luck
missy xo
Old 12-29-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I feel like an abusive parent keeping them in this situation
I am going to post a response without having read the other responses.

I too stayed in an alcoholic situation...fortunately, nothing as severe as yours. After hubby went into rehab and got sober/dry, the insanity continued for many years.

Now, he's doing fine...but the issue. Our son is 26 and a recovering alcoholic. 2 years on the 20th of this month. Please take into account everything negative going on in your home. If you hate it, know the kids hate it too. If you fear for your life, they do too. Leaving them in that type of situation IMHO is abuse.

The day will come, unless you do leave and get help for yourself and your children, you will kick yourself in the arse for not having done blah blah blah blah, years ago. I went through years of guilt for exposing my son to the trash and insanity. We didn't do alanon/alatot/alateen. Nothing. We were told by the counsellors at the rehab center that he was well adjusted for 7 and having a drunk for a father. So the logic was "why do the meetings and stuff if he's okay". Youngin' went off to college and crashed and burned at the ripe age of 18.

It's one thing if hubby wants to destroy himself, but when I think of my blood being destroyed because of the disease, it makes me nuts. I've since forgiven myself but that too took years. I too was sick and didn't know and didn't have the advantage of a forum to guide and direct me toward meetings and good mental health.

Don't become a statistic.

Blessings, Kathy
Old 12-29-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Adding a P.S. to the above.

I heard of a situation where the kids saw the pain and horror mom was going through. One of them got the gun and shot dad.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I agree with TG...............Moving was the hardest thing I ever did. The no contact thing, I am still struggling with, but I do know in my heart that I do not want to go back and have to go thru the leaving again.

Also, I didn't think much about the guns in our house either. We had a gun cabinet full, we would go out target practicing together etc.............But once I stopped and THOUGHT about it, well....................
Old 01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Royalty

Has Katy been back since this post?

Yooooohooo, Katy, don't leave us hanging, give us some update.
I hope you are all well and safe.