Making plans for the holidays.

Old 04-05-2003, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Making plans for the holidays.

I had to fill in my summer holiday schedule at work. They always make us do this early. Anyway when I came home I told my spouse that I have 2 weeks off in July and if he does not want to do anything tell me now so I can make my own plans. He of course said nothing. I always do all the planning and when it's time to go he has some sort of excuse that he can't right now, he'll come later, etc. and it ends up ruined. I feel like telling him right now that I'll do my own thing because I can't depend on him anyway. Not sure how to go about it and I really need a break from work....a relaxing break with no chaos.
Summer
Old 04-05-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi Summer,
If your husband is anything like mine, you'll make your own plans because he is undecided, or simply isn't paying attention... and then when July rolls around, he is griping and groaning that you didn't make plans with him. Sounds like you could use a holiday (we all can), so go ahead and make some exciting plans... it'll give you something to put your focus on .
Take care
Meg
Old 04-05-2003, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

I think if it were left up to men to plan vacations, none of us would ever go anywhere! It seems like every time I do ask my husband if he'd like to go somewhere, he's always too busy or it's too expensive, or he'll think about it, blah blah blah...

I say go ahead and make plans that may or may not include him. Why shouldn't you enjoy yourself just b/c he wants to be difficult?

Hugs,
JG
Old 04-05-2003, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Summer,

If he isn't willing to be an active participant in making plans for your vacation time, then plan something just for you. That way you know that those plans won't get messed up, since you are more than willing to participate.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-05-2003, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, Summer. Make a plan that works for you and enjoy the anticipation.

My husband works on projects and we are never quite sure when one will end and another begin. I get 2 weeks this summer, even though I just started in December, and I am making a plan that we can finalize on short notice. I can't wait - we haven't had a real vacation for years. Last year when he was working out west, we had several mini-vacations of about 4 or 5 days each and I loved it. But to get 2 weeks off in a row is a dream come true for me. That is one reason I am glad we don't own our own businesses anymore.

You deserve your vacation so plan away.