My Christmas Miracle... warning ...long.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Cynay:

Thank you for sharing this new joy in your life. Thank you for sharing your problems.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

It is threads like yours that help us all. That remind me daily how each and every one of us has 'trials and tribulations' and 'joy' and how we get through them.

You are a beautiful example of Recovery in Progress.

Enjoy your day.

God Bless.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

C ... I PM'd you before I got on the board and read your post. It was beautiful! Tears of sorrow can indeed turn to tears of joy. I'm so glad you were blessed with having the true spirit of Christmas visit you. I'm glad you've recovered from that nasty flu bug you had! (((Char)))
Old 12-25-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone....

I cant tell you how humble I am today.... and so thankful.

My daughter came over this morning and it was like old times, she is seeing a "new guy" and was telling me all about him ... and his warts and looking to me acceptance. You know, I can remember as a child looking for that acceptance and it was my pleasure to just tell her...... "Honi, I dont know about him... but I trust you and that you will make good choices." She told me how she has not told anyone else about his warts... cuz she is afraid, but she came and told me. I have no clue why God gave this beautiful child to me... but Im thankful he did.

We opended presents and she loved her rosery.... but the stinker said she had a good Idea that I had got it for her... I guess we really are just way too close...

After that I took her to the airport and we had lunch and just chatted girl talk.... Everytime we are together I marvel at how beautiful this childs soul is... I know Im her Mom and therefore a bit ... byas??? but even though, she is SO amazing. We went to the terminal, gave each other loves and hugs and she was off to Washington to visit her Father.

After that, with yet AGAIN more tears for me I went to an AA lunch/dinner kinda get together, it was wonderful to be with people that really appreciate that we are all there.... that there is a place for us and there are people that care....

I met a friend of mine there and his 2 children ... who are adorable... and we enjoyed everyones company... after they invited me to their home and we all watched a movie and relaxed ... It was SO sweet of him to share his family with me and I felt so relaxed and blessed to have the opportunity to feel like part of his family ... even if it was only for one afternoon. After the movie I said my thanks and started the drive home.... just to have my daughter call and say she made it... and just chitter chatter... you know just the kind of talk a child gives there parent... even though she is hardly a child.

This is not how I wanted or expected to spend my Christmas, this is also not how I wanted or expected my life to be..... Its a good thing that God gives me what I need and not what I ask for.... This Christmas he gave me love, friendship and the ability to "really" appreciate it all.

Thank you all for being here and sharing your life with me and also allowing me to come and share my life with you.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Cynay View Post
This is not how I wanted or expected to spend my Christmas, this is also not how I wanted or expected my life to be..... Its a good thing that God gives me what I need and not what I ask for.... This Christmas he gave me love, friendship and the ability to "really" appreciate it all.
I still have a hard time having faith and believing it, but what I've truly come to learn in the last two years is that God usually shows us something so much better than we're wanting or expecting. Christmas Day was no exception for me. For the first time in many years I felt full and rich with the love and friendship I'm able to share with my family and the true friends I've made in sobriety.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts of a Christmas Miracle. Your daughter is so fortunate to have such a loving, caring, and compassionate Mom. May your New Year be the best ever! ;-)
Old 12-26-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Cynay)))
Old 12-26-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think each tear is a prayer. We don't really know what to pray for anyway. All I know is that what was dreaded turned right into a testimony. In your wildest dreams, did you expect the day to turn out that way? It is not learning a doctrine that will teach you to pray, it isn't being th emost popular in church. It is simply saying, "God I don't know how to pray, help ,me".
Old 12-26-2006, 12:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((Cynay)))

I am soooo moved by your post ... thanks for sharing your joy.

hugs ~

deedee
Old 12-26-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

((Cynay)) thanks for sharing your story and love and gratitude with us. It was wonderful to read.

I am so happy for you that you had one great surprise after another...and for the reminder of the many blessings in our lives. The Lord truly does work in many ways.....sharing this story was another!