Breathmints? Really?

Old 12-20-2006, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Breathmints? Really?

Okay, so I know that you must all have some experience with this...

My AH drinks on his way home from work b/c I refuse to allow him to drink in here. Not that I condone drinking and driving!!!!! He lies to me about it and swears that he doesn't. It has been over 2 1/2 years since I have physically seen him drink, though I know, contrary to what he says, that he drinks daily. Regardless, when he DID drink at the house, he would still drink on his way home to get a good buzz going b/c he didn't want me to know how much he was really drinking. He comes in the house with bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, staggering stance, and yet he STILL thinks a simple breathmint will convince me that he is sober!! As frustrated as I get, I have to laugh at this when typing here. First of all, the breathmint isn't NEAR strong enough to mask the liquor! Secondly, he drinks so much that as soon as he walks in the door, he immediately begins sweating and his pores just seep vodka. Third.... HELLO!!!!! It's like catching a child with chocolate all over their face, seeing the cookie jar empty, and the child saying, "The dog at the cookies!"
Old 12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Does the dog mix the drinks also?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Mr C, you really are killing me lately!

Iwillriseabove, I can relate. My ex didnt drink in front of me for a long time. I knew.
Is there something nice you can do for yourself? I am a bath person..closed door, my music, my celebrity news magazines, it helps me clear my head.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine tried sucking lemons. Odd. Vodka scented pledge.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I used to buy AH tic-tacs by the case at a warehouse store. He told me he was always concerned about his breath when he was talking to people. I thought it was one of his quirks. He also started wearing his sunglasses indoors and said that was from eye damage when he owned a jeep - 15 YEARS AGO!!! Yep, I bought that, too.

I spell it: D-E-N-I-A-L.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I dont think Ive ever seen a dog suck lemons before.
I have seen then do some odd things with nuts though.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats funny! One time my dog forgot himself, while I was bartending, and asked me for a lemon slice with his drink before he left. I told him it wasn't necessary, as I knew he was drunk. We had a laugh. Sometimes our wierd relationship is funny that way.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Y'all are cracking me up! First the lemon pledge, then the dog doing strange things with nuts! hahaha! See, my AH can't laugh with me when I tell him that he is wasting money on mints. He gets horribly offended that I would have the AUDACITY to accuse him of drinking! How dare I!!! It must be an inner-ear infection that he keeps year round that makes him wobbly! And his eyes? Must be from the smog from the city and polution in the air. His high-rise billion dollar building must not have good insulation to let all that polution get in! And the slurred speech? Must be an adult-onset speech impediment that only affects him in the evenings after he gets home from work. Gosh, I should feel sorry for him for all he has to deal with!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Mr. C, you are in rare form lately. Not only are you superhuman, but you're sexy as all get out in tights, and you're funny as heck!

IWRA: I'll bet he's probably drinking in your house, too. I just read an article today on alcohol withdrawal that says that alcoholics start having visible withdrawal symptoms five hours after their last drink. That would mean that he definitely has to drink sometime during the evening and night to avoid alcohol withdrawal.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You have a good sense of humor. Keep it! That is how we manage to stay together, laughing at silly stuff, even though it may not be funny in the long run. But I did love the look on his face, when it dawned on him that he had asked me for a lemon so he could go home and I wouldnt know he was drinking! Sad, but funny.