Update from home

Old 12-18-2006, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update from home

The daughter of the woman who lived across the street from AH and I found me on MySpace a couple of days ago (she's about my age). She told me that she thought I'd made the right decision. I replied, but I didn't want to directly ask her about AH's recent activity. I left it open, but I didn't want to "use" her for info...she's sweet, and I don't want to make her feel awkward. But this is what she replied to me:

Oh girl have I seen it he is going downhill bad I told him actually lastnight to clean up his act and ofcourse he just blew it off I usually don't talk to him but he was coming home lastnight and I happened to be outside its really sad because he is a good person deep down but he just hangs out with the wrong people and makes bad choices. Yes he has so many people over 24/7 and they party and he is always drinking. He made a comment to me and my mom saying everything sucks right now so I know he is missing you but what has he done to fix it? nothing that I can see. So thats exactly why I see that you made the best choice by getting out of the situation.
Sigh. In some way, this makes me feel better, knowing I did the best thing for me. At the same time, it breaks my heart that he is still stuck. I hope he gets out one of these days.

Last edited by TexasGirl; 12-18-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

(((TG))) What a difficult message to read, even if it validates your decision to leave. Thank goodness you're not stuck, too!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

They just choose to stay put in that life. It satisfys them I guess. I'm happy to be out of the turmoil/drama, but miss the good man, my friend, that was there too, sometimes. I share your feelings....
Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((TG))) They miss us, but don't do anything to change. I am glad you are not stuck in that situation anymore. I also think you are a great person for not trying to get info out of the neighbor. (((Hugs)))
Old 12-19-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Its sad to hear that sort of thing Im sure.
I used to wish someone would call me and tell me how my ex was doing, actually I was wishing it yesterday. But, in all reality, Im not sure I would handle the news well..regardless of how he was doing.

For me, for today, its just better that I dont have the contact..not that you could do anything about someone offering unsolicited info.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad I'm not in the mess too. I really am.
Each day gets better and better. I slip backwards sometimes, but not very often.
I'm starting to feel back to my old self.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They just like to stay and be professional victims and boo hoo their way through life.

Ngaire
Old 12-21-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TG - I know how you feel. I got a call from one of my neighbors last night that informed me that my AH has started doing steroid injections with HER AH. It makes me know for sure I made the best decision... but doesn't make it easier.

Best wishes for you. BTW... I'm on myspace too!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

TG,
How sad for you and for him too. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and more like your old self again.

That's healthy progress.

HUGS
Cat
Old 12-21-2006, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Mine actually made lots of changes - lost 45 lbs., made huge changes at work and got promoted twice, got a new hobby that is interesting and exciting. But he did not stop drinking. He is tearing my heart out with his saddness over the end of our relationship, but he can't seem to do the one thing I need - to stop drinking totally. No "once in a while" no "Ooops I had another slip". I want it over. He can't give me that and it makes me want to vomit and cry at the same time.

Sorry. As I once confessed I generally post here when I'm at my most morose.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((wantsout)))