Posted on Sub Abuse too - Rehab move

Old 12-14-2006, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Posted on Sub Abuse too - Rehab move

I posted this on Sub Abuse Friends Family too, and I think a lot of us jump back and forth? Wanted to make sure to send you my prayers and hope as well. Thanks, K...............................

My daughter moved to her halfway house yesterday. The day went smoothly, she was glad to get there. The folks at her rehab gave us a great send off, and there was the nicest people to greet us at her new place. Her phone rang alot through the day with all her new sober friends sending her/us support - she sure has met a lot of caring people the past few months in recovery.

My husband and I were calm. She was calm. It all made sense, the next right thing. We really had to do very little for her in all the details, other then lug her and all her stuff around (Ha - she does not pack light.) We picked her up, went with her to an open aa meeting, got her a handful of groceries. We dropped her off, we said goodbye. No drama, no chaos, no tears. I'd be untruthful if I said there was no fear. But mostly, I'm at peace. Progress. One day at a time.

I pray for for recovery for all of you and your loved ones. I appreciate all your support. Blessings - K
Old 12-14-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so glad for you, sure hope this works. Thank you for the good news update. ((hUGS))
Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Parent,
That is awesome. I had tears in my eyes as a read your post. I'm so excited for your family.
Thanks so much for sharing your recovery with us.
Rita