Please welcome wantforrealnow

Old 12-11-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new

I am new here, but had read a lot of books about addiction and recovery. I am from Cebu Philippines, where can i check for meeting near our area?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did a google search for you.
First I searched Alcoholics Anonymous Philipines and found a ***** site that deals with AA Phillipines. I can't post the link here because I am not yet allowed.

Perhaps you can post there and talk to someone who will know about regional meetings. They maybe able to tell you about any al-anon meetings in Cebu. I couldnt find anything specific in my very quick google search.

It might be that the groups exist but are not online. Have you looked in your city directory?

If there is an AA/ Al-anon group they may have also registered themselves with the World Service Organisation (WSO) of alanon. You will find the site if you just google 'al-anon'

Good luck. I hope you will be able to find some meetings.... and encourage them to set up a website so the next person doesn't have to work so hard to find a meeting!!!!! You are not alone in this struggle.... and solutions and hope do exist. Blessings to you.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

apparently if you look in the "pldt" or "Pdlt" directory you will find AA. If Al-anon is not listed in there. Call the AA hotline and see if they have any info on Al-anon.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Here is an old post that may give you much info.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...onvention.html
Old 12-12-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi,
I'm glad you found us here and look forward to getting to know you. When you have some time, please take a look around SR and read the stickys at the top of the forum pages. Please drop by and let us know how you're doing.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add my welcome to the others and let you know Im glad you found us.

I look forward to getting to know you too.