SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I feel like throwing my self!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/109911-i-feel-like-throwing-my-self.html)

reader 12-09-2006 05:45 AM

I feel like throwing my self!!!!

Not that it would do me any good. I wrote a nice long post to Sarah and I have lost a few others this week that have disappeared. I am trying not to complain too much but that is part of my recovery to say ha I matter. The folks that run SR work so hard and our great folks!! The cliches are drive me crazy. Ok take a deep breathe but I wanted someone to know> Thanks Kerry

Zoey 12-09-2006 08:21 AM

Shucks! I always read your posts, so I am disappointed too. I have lost some also, but of course I was sure it was my fault. (I still think everything in the world is my fault, I am not recoverying very fast)

Be sure to keep coming back, I trust SR does not pick on us.

Cynay 12-09-2006 08:31 AM

Lost posts????

Not sure I understand.... Lost them how, were they removed by a Mod? I dont remember removing anything lately .... and I did not see them in our log?

Ok, so Im confused.

embraced2000 12-09-2006 03:07 PM

cynay....sometimes after writing a post, when the post tab is clicked, the post poofs away.....i think this is what they are talking about.

sometimes, you can click the back button and capture it again....but sometimes the post just pooofssss.

jeri

Cecilia 12-09-2006 03:24 PM

Does that to me too sometimes. Not just here too. Probably too much info clogged up the internet. Who knows.

Ive learned to copy any long replies before I push post. That way I can just rereply and copy. Usually when I type something really long Im already in a state and losing a long post makes me REALLY peevish. LOL.

reader 12-09-2006 06:58 PM

No, they weren't removed they have just disappeared like Jeri had said. I have lost at least 3 this week. I had mentioned it to Mike but I have lost another one since!!! Strange -- Maybe some one in Mars is reading it and saying boy is this chick whacked. Oh well, I'll get over it. Of course, Murphy's Law, ya never lose the short ones only the long ones.

embraced2000 12-09-2006 07:09 PM

so.....it's the "ole martian whacked-chick poofer" on the loose again?????

damn....hate when that happens. lol

jeri

TexasGirl 12-09-2006 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jeri
so.....it's the "ole martian whacked-chick poofer" on the loose again?????

LOL, that is hilarious, Jeri!!! :)

Yup, Kerry, I usually copy my long ones before I post just in case.....

CatsPajamas 12-09-2006 07:56 PM

You can also try CTRL+Z

sometimes it works - the ever popular "undo" command. Don't leave home without it!

~Cat

DesertEyes 12-10-2006 10:39 AM

Dang! I'm really sorry that posts are poofing. I _always_ type mine out in notepad or word, save 'em to disk and _then_ copy them to the forum. We did have a major crash of the forum software a little while ago, and all kinds of things got messed up, so maybe the forum software is still a little out-of-sorts ;)

Mike :)

embraced2000 12-10-2006 10:52 AM

bwaahhhhhh.....lololo

mike, hon, your talkin bout someone here that tried to turn on her computer by leaning in to the screen, and saying "...hello?????"

swear. i never worked on a puter until age of 50.....i wanna clap on/clap off thingy for my puter.

love to you
jeri ;)

Cecilia 12-10-2006 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by embraced2000 (Post 1131519)
bwaahhhhhh.....lololo

mike, hon, your talkin bout someone here that tried to turn on her computer by leaning in to the screen, and saying "...hello?????"

swear. i never worked on a puter until age of 50.....i wanna clap on/clap off thingy for my puter.

love to you
jeri ;)

Its nice to know Im not the only one. I got my WebTv
after Elvis went to the pokey cause I was lonely and I wanted to talk to somebody who didnt know me. I finally got a computer last year.

My computer talks. Some cheery broad says hello when you log in. Somedays its really irritating.

I want a real computer. One with a sense of humour that talks back. " Dont touch me your hands are dirty. Quit groping my mouse."

DesertEyes 12-10-2006 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by embraced2000 (Post 1131519)
...mike, hon, your talkin bout someone here that tried to turn on her computer by leaning in to the screen, and saying "...hello?????"...

ummm.... isn't that the way they do it on TV? I swear on Star Trek they always talk to the 'puter ;)

embraced2000 12-10-2006 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by DesertEyes (Post 1131675)
ummm.... isn't that the way they do it on TV? I swear on Star Trek they always talk to the 'puter ;)

uh--huh!!! that's what they do on star trek. and it works! why won't it work for me???? i need voice command......and someone to set it up.p)

jeri

reader 12-11-2006 03:21 AM

Thanks ya all, at least you made me laugh it off. Just the ole girl winging it again. Us Irish chicks can blow a casket-----------