How do people get so broken?

Old 03-31-2003, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do people get so broken?

I just found out that a guy I used to work with has just disappeared from his life. He just took a hike from his job and his family. And it gets worse because his wife got what amounts to a "pre-suicide" letter. This is a young, attractive man who has built a successful career for himself. He has two young children and a wife who love him. He is an only child and his mother adores him. And yet, he feels like he has failed everyone because things at his company are looking bleak. I am so stunned and saddened by this news and I am praying so hard for a spiritual miracle for him. His name is Pete, and if you have an extra prayer, he sure could use it right now.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 03-31-2003, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gabe

My prayers go out for Pete, that he may realize that the important things in life do not include how well his business is doing or how much money he has.

As an accountant, I used to have broken people come into my office devastated because they had lost their job or business, and about 6 months later I would see them again happy as could be because that "loss" had taken them somewhere else where they were much happier. I hope Pete discovers this too.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann

I needed to hear something positive about situations like this. He seems to be in such a dark, unreachable place. I truly hope that good thoughts and prayers can turn this around for him. Thank you for your prayers, they mean a lot.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 03-31-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Gabe.... I am sorry this is happening...
I will pray for you.... Pete and his family... Hugs to you...
Love Clowie
Old 03-31-2003, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

I am praying also... Sometimes our souls feel so lost - I hope he finds his way. And that his wife and family are able to come to a peace with it all.
Meg
Old 04-01-2003, 03:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gabe,

Im sorry...he must be very troubled..and everyone else worried frantic...my prayers are with you and all of them.

Peace be with you,
live
Old 04-01-2003, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never can understand how someone gets there either. It is a very sad thing when someone loses their way and is clouded by things that are REALLY unimportant.

I will pray for Pete and for his family to be uplifted spiritually.

Constant