Back & forth !!!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back & forth !!!

I have been seperated from my AH for 3mo. We have ben together for alittle over 3yr. & married alittle over 1. I threw him out because his drinking had been escilating & he we had been abusive with each other to the point that we were physically engaging. My 16yr old daughter has been a nightmare since before we met & had not continued to be hateful & out of control. His father died unexpectedly & we have had one stress or loss after another. We haven't handled things well thats for sure. We found out he had HEP- C duing all this & he has to quite drinking. I know I'm rambling, but I feel so confused & hurt. I do have drinking issues that I develped dealing with cronic back pain & I hated all the percrip. drugs. Anyway my daughter married & moved out.
My 20 yr old son is going to Army 3/1/2007 & I have filled for divorce. All I have done is think of all neg. & not allowed him to get anywhere with me. He has been very depresed & his Hep-C treatments are hell on his already sick body. I finally got past my anger & fears & have been thinking of all our special times together. He has been a wonderful support thru all my stuff. We have been so close & thru so much in 2yrs. I know I can't save him, but I want to be sure that I'm not throwing away everthing without giving us a chance. I miss him. He has been not drinking 2mo. then he slipped. I can't standto watch him go thru his treatments & all the sideeffect alone. He is working full time as a forman . He is financially independent of me. we are both suffering personal losses & depresion. I visited him 1st time since sep. 2days ago. He has my pics up all over & concert stubbs we went to. I know he is in love with me. I am working my own program. I don't think I'm thru with us. I know(he does too) that living in seperate places is right for know. I have a yr. to finalise divorce if we can't get this together. My son told me that if I ever had a soul mate it would be him. Son say that both of our drinking along with out of control girl is our glitch. I go back & forth on all of it. We are going to go on road trip this weekend. I hope to see something to guide me in this relationship. I look forward to our time but at the same time there is a deep sadness as I see how sick he has become from HEP-C treatments. Has anyone dealt with HEP - C loved ones? I am trying to not go into rescue mode. Any response from SR wise ones would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mess View Post
I do have drinking issues that I develped dealing with cronic back pain & I hated all the percrip. drugs.

Hi Cheryl. Glad you are here.sorry you have so much on your plate.

This jumped out at me. Perhaps this is a place to start;concentrate on yourself and your own health. Seems things might fall in line easier from there. JMHO

Stick around! There are lots of great people here who will be along to share what has helped them.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Welcome Mess!! i know u have other post on SR but wanted to give u another welcome. I have chronic pain issues also since I had shattered vertebrae and now have hip trouble also. The constant pain does get old very quickly and boy can it get depressing but alcohol in the long run never solves things. I have tried this route also for relieve and it only back fires. I am very sorry ur son is not doing well, he is going through alot right now. My 34 year old step son is always having all kinds of difficults, such as violence and irresponsibility due to his drinking. I will say a pray for u and your son and hope he is well soon. Sometimes it seems like life never gets any easier. Take care of u and try not to let the worry kill u. It use to drive me over the edge. Be well!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

opps--- replace son with Hubby