I'm not helping

Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
let it grow!

I'm not helping

my daughter is getting close to 80 days sober/clean. she is leaving her rehab facility as soon as she can find a halfway house. she was home this weekend. i was not helpful. i was not patient. i still cannot feel trust. i put stress on her that she doesn't need by trying to control her. she's a young adult, but she can be so immature, and then i treat her like a teenager, and that's insulting. i'm working my alanon steps (just started 3) but i just have so much trouble LETTING GO...and i get still feel she blames me for too many things.. this is very hard. not as hard as when she was using, but still very difficult. thanks for listening.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm in the spin cycle on step 3, so I know what you mean. No matter what, I always find myself back at that step.

Hang in here. Like they say, it's simple but it isn't easy. Take care.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But today you "see" it... that is progress.

Recovery is new for both of you so dont be so hard on yourself... it will come, just keep doing what your doing.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

Letting go is hard and you are making progress with it, so pat yourself on the back for that.
One of my favorite people to discuss recovery issues with is my AS! We have some very good sharing and most times he is the teacher and I the student! I was never expecting this and I have to say it's a nice surprise benefit for us both. People in recovery have so much to offer.
Keep doing what you are doing and things will improve!