Interesting morning....

Old 03-28-2003, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interesting morning....

Well, my husband called me to tell me to drive slowly in town, because there's a sheriff parked, watching for speeders--25 miles an hour on the road we go on, and nobody ever drives that slow. Well, he got pulled over by someone he doesn't know (he brags about knowing every person on the sheriff's department, and always gets friendly warnings), and sure enough, he got a ticket! To make matters worse, my husband admits he was very disrespectful to the guy. Well my husband decided to post himself to warn others of the sheriff (illigal). I guess the sheriff called in another sheriff, so my husband decided to come home and drop off his gun (concealed weapon in his vehicle) "just in case this gets exciting!" And now he's back down there harassing the sheriff and his partner.

This is the man that would never have been disrespectful of a man of the law. Good example for my kids! So, if he gets arrested, should I bail him out? It's not "technically" about alcohol.

Lyn
Old 03-28-2003, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Lyn,

I have read your precious posts also, and I say this with all the love in my heart, just my opinion, but NO I would not bail him out. What HE is doing is wrong and illegal and he is purposely looking for trouble. He knew he had a concealed weapon, got rid of it, and went back for more. These are all his actions. Even if he is not under the influence right now, what he is doing is an unhealthy symptom of his illness. A healthy person would not do this, nor would they even think twice about this. They would have gotten their ticket, and went on their way. Very disgruntled I am sure, but that would have been it. He did something wrong, got punished with a ticket, and now is going to get revenge because HE was wrong??? Lyn, it doesn't make sense. It is not rational thinking. As hard as it is for us anons, we need to let the A start taking responsibility for their actions. How else will they learn that what they are doing is not rational? My husband thinks the same way....and will be rude, then resentful and want revenge. Believe me, I know it is hard. But honestly, it is "technically about alcohol"

You are such a sweet wonderful lady! I don't want to offend you. Please do what YOU think is right.

********{Hugs}}}}}
Old 03-28-2003, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lyn,

I would not bail him out either. It is related to the alcohol because whether they drink or not they have issues with anger management! My husband is the same way. Simple things turn into huge problems for him. It happens when he is drinking and he doesn't deal with them any better sober. And then I love this one, he will say that other people are ALWAYS MAKING A STORM OUT OF A GLASS OF WATER. Other people, yeah right.

Take care,
matters
Old 03-28-2003, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lyn

I agree - don't bail him out. He is doing this on purpose, and he knows that there are consequences....let him pay them.

(and be glad he dropped the gun off - who knows what might have become of THAT!)
Old 03-28-2003, 10:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks!

I really wouldn't have bailed him out. I just wondered if not bailing him out was the right thing!:p

Apparently he has had a need to show anger today! But at least it wasn't at me or mine. I had a situation happen with my puppies I'm selling, and was being unfairly accused of being unethical, and my husband, always ready to get involved in an arguement, took the phone away from me, and proceeded to tell this person what he thought of her, using as belligerent of language as you can imagine. This person was really sorry she called by the time they got off the phone. He's calmer now. I think he really got a rush.

As far as the gun goes (he has enough guns to start a war himself), my son (13 years old) came in and checked the gun to be sure there were no bullets in the chamber (I am gun illiterate, so don't touch them). He is very fluent with guns and has taken gun safety and passed with flying colors, and it seems my husband, who can't seem to get his head together about anything anymore, left a bullet in it--on the dining room table! In the house--a definite no-no. But my son took it out, and put the gun away properly, scowling all the time about how irresponsible his dad is.

As far as the sheriff situation goes, he got a tongue lashing everytime he tried to brag about it to someone--from whoever he was talking to. He finally quit talking about it! tee hee!

Lyn
Old 03-29-2003, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Wow Lynn, I felt like I just watched an episode of "Cops".

I guess as long as you and your kids are fine but my mind is spinning.....harassing police officers, loaded guns and children.....it sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.

Please be careful.

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 03-29-2003, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

If I didn't bail him out I wouldn't want to be there when he got home!

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-29-2003, 04:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, Barbiedeb, it sounds abusive and soooo stressful!

Take care of yourself, Lyn!
Old 03-29-2003, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks

for your concern, but I'm not really concerned that he will abusively shoot one of us or someone else, except in self-defense. I'm just concerned about him being stupidly negligent. Technically, it would probably be considered covering for his addiction by going around and making sure he has remembered to empty his guns and put them away, but I think in this case it's more of a precaution for the rest of us! We'll leave his other stupid negligent things for him to take care of!

We don't have any small children around our house, and the youngest is my 13-year old son, who knows more about how to handle a gun properly than most adults. Then the girls do know how to handle a gun, though they haven't been through gun safety. We (the sober ones) keep them locked in 3 gun cabinets. He probably couldn't find a key if he tried! He just sends my son for one if he wants one. Except for the one he keeps in his truck, he only gets them out to hunt or clean them. He preaches safety on guns all the time (what am I saying--he preaches about everything all the time :p ) he's just negligent about everything lately.

Oh, and don't forget, we do like drama! Actually, I prefer a good old romance or comedy over an action movie or a thriller!

Hugs,
Lyn