A confession

Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

That costume is unforgetable. You were a serious babe. Kinda had an Anna Nicole Smith vibe going on there....
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hey, if ya need help, just call us all in.......i figure i can catch a plane and be there soon....i'll be the one wearing the groucho marx glasses and nose.

all of us need to get them, so we'll know each other when we get there to do the tailgating and plate switchin.....

ready....all together now....syncronize those watches
Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You know, it would be funny if you put on the costume and changed your plates just to see if your hubby would recognize you. Not that I'm encouraging you to do it....
Old 11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Jeri, you just gave me an idea...

we can all meet up somewhere, someday, wearing the groucho disguises...and NO ONE will recognize us. We will be so inconspicuous.

Know what..earlier today he left me a message that he is coming to my area tomorrow, and wanted to see me.

Ive got an ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

to arrange the locale and time...and not show up?
or
come up with another way to jerk him around....

Oh gosh,,Im sick,,,help me out...give me ideas on what to do without reallyhurting him...but to get back at him.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

just so you all know...

I KNOW I AM NOT IN RECOVERY MODE

this is for entertainment purposes only..i havent laughed like this in a long while....
Old 11-17-2006, 09:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OMG....you should have worn a groucho disguise! He never would have recognized you then!!! or did jeri already say that?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

ya she did...

im thinking now a gramma outfit, little old lady..he doesnt check out the old gals, so def wouldnt notice
Old 11-17-2006, 09:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Would it be tasteless of me to suggest that you show up dressed as a bottle of booze? F-O-B: "Hey baby." F-O-B's AH: "you tease"....
Old 11-17-2006, 09:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FriendofBill
ya she did...
Guess that's my sign...I need to get some sleep.

The granny thing might just work, but if he's good and drunk, he might see you as a hot chic and try to pick you up.......careful
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat
Would it be tasteless of me to suggest that you show up dressed as a bottle of booze? F-O-B: "Hey baby." F-O-B's AH: "you tease"....
Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

LOL,,naughty,,,but funny as heck.

Ya time for me to sleep...Got to recharge me codie batteries, or recovery batteries...prob be better.

Thanks for helping me laugh tonight guys,,,stay tuned for the next episode of "The Codie Detective"!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Now that's a continuing series I would enjoy. Night FOB. Glad you're feeling better.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

here's the mantra for tomorrow...

i will not follow the car

or maybe i will

night friend
jeri
Old 11-17-2006, 09:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

"Step away from the car!" Said in my best policewoman voice!!!!!!!

(this means your car as well as his! lol)
Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I've told this story before = but after the PI I hired halfway 'round the world got proof for me he offered me a job.

Let me know if you need some tips! LOL. Actually, I've sold all my Little Miss Detective equipment.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

girls....Ive woken up angry today....feelings of revenge surfacing....

as scooby doo would say:

"Ruh-Roh!"
Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hee hee, this is funny.
F-o-B, how could we not remember the cake costume???

I know it's not the "right" thing to do, but I can't tell you how many times I've pondered getting a PI myself! Then I think about how much money that would cost me, so I start making plans to drive back to where he lives and spy myself, looking at borrowing some binoculars etc. Then I realize exactly what I'm saying...yikes.

On a funny note again, let me know how those costumes work out...might have to add them to my repertoire.

****side note**** I had not read your comment today yet f-o-b before I posted...****
Old 11-18-2006, 06:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

here's one gal who hired a pi....found out he had another ex wife and child in his life that he neglected to tell me about.

at the time, i really believed i needed to do it...and probably did....because then i wouldn't have learned what i did learn.....all it did was confirm what i already knew down deep, and cost me lots of money.

we already have a pi......it's called our instinct. save yer money girls, and just listen to your instinct.....it's a lot cheaper.

blessings
jeri
Old 11-18-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

yup Jeri, it sucks to hear your ex had that past life and "forgot" to tell you. Im telling ya, they are hard of hearing AND forgetful. Gosh, to add that to thier compulsive drinking...poor guys.

TG - instead of wearing that b day cake costume I made, I think I will make a tall bottle of Jonnie Walker scotch bottle costume....!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

We all do stupid things. This was a stupid thing. You waited and watched, then followed him. What difference would it have made who dropped him off? What difference to your life did it matter who he was with? What were you hoping to see and what did you dread seeing. It's funny and it scarey too. Road games get people killed. Playing car games at an intersection endangers others. In the end, there was no point to it. Let's suppose a woman dropped him off. These are the stories that keep CNN in business. I perfectly understand this behavior because I've done things just like this. This behavior too can become a bad habit. It can become a dngerous habit. My ex got removed from the house. He had called , cried. begged, then......nothing. He knew he had to take this time to get himself sober and into treatment and only after he was sober and actively in treatment would I talk to him, He asured me he'd do anything to be able to come home. It hurt me so bad to know he had to live in a motel during this. Well, one night I decided to go and park across from his motel to see why his calls had stopped. The motel was in a different town. Sure enough, the girl who lived next door to me and was engaged to another guy pulled in, walked right in to his room with great familiarity and stayed. I sat, I watched, and I waited. The light went out. I sat sobbing knowing full well the heat between two new lovers while I sat sobbing in the car across the street. Why did I do that to myself? That AHHHHAAA moment didn't bring the anticipated satisfaction I had imagined, it felt like I just sat there and died.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

friend,

awwwwww....the good ole revenge feeling.

spent numerous hours letting it consume me. didn't get me anywhere, tho.

just made me more miserable.

sometimes, it was the only emotion i had to keep me going.....or so i thought.

i'll never forget going to a meeting with a list of actions i had taken to set things straight with xah....list included calling police, filing restraining order, calling home manager of half-way house, calling his family, calling substance abuse court man....., well, hell, i would have called president bush if i had spent enough time to find his personal, direct phone number....proudly displayed all my work to my al-anon family.....a dead silence went around the
room.

like you said....a big scooby-do moment......ruh-roh.....i knew i had done something not good, but just didn't quite know what it was.

revenge may be fun to think about, but it will hurt me.

hope you can find something in this that you can use, or will bring something to you.

blessings
jeri