Yikes------

Old 11-12-2006, 01:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

LOL, ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe how freaked out I was!!!! It was the word BANNED and the fact that it was NEVER going to be lifted. I almost cried too!!! Are we sensitive people, or what??

I spent a chunk of the morning trying to figure out how to get somewhere on the main page where I could e-mail someone. So then I brilliantly decided to go to Sober Village and get some of the cross-people to come here and PM Mike on my behalf along with sending a couple of personal e-mails. I finally stopped at asking 4 people for help (sorry Christie, F O B, Patty, & Sarah...Minx, you were next until I got a grip - LOL)! Then I got a little smarter and cleared my cookies...at least then I could get to the contact us form (and thanks for the prompt reply admins!!). YIKES!

It's weird, isn't it...how attached we get?

I too was almost in tears that I would never get to talk to you guys again.

((((((EVERYONE)))))))
Old 11-12-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The advantages of Pacific Time and sleeping late

I missed all the problems. Now I don't feel guilty about dragging myself out of bed around noon!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

wow texas girl, you think fast on yer feet!!!!!

i went and GOT some cookies from the kitchen, sat and ate them trying to think, think, think.....didn't know i could get rid of cookies and talk to the admins..

and what is sober village??? just so i'll know next time.

it's funny now, but honestly, i was just devastated momentarily. i went on the look for another forum and was hoping i wasn't blacklisted.

oh, i'm so glad we're all back.......

bunches of hugs to you all!!!!!!!!

blessings
jeri
Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Sorry about the outtage, it really sucks when that happens. Here's what you can do next time the technology trips over it's own power cord.

Go to the main page of the forums:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums

and go way at the bottom, on the blue bar at the bottom there is a "Contact Us". Click on that and you will get a page where you can email directly to the management regardless of whether the forums are working or not.

The best thing to do is wait for an hour or so, as most problems take about that long to work out. Also bear in mind that the mods and admins are frantically tying up the phone lines around the world trying to get SR back up as quickly as possible, so we may not be able to answer your emails right away.

Mike