Lost

Old 11-10-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I like the concept of a mission statement a lot! I think that is a fantastic idea! I'm not sure what it looks like to be me yet, but I think I can try one, and if it doesn't fit later, no biggie.

As for poetry and songwriting, well, I'm not much of a creative writer, but I love to write nonetheless. I've been outlining a book for over a nonth now, but I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so without a deadline, I haven't made much progress. Guess I could set my own internal ones, huh?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ya know, TG, there's nothing wrong with griping every now and then... it's wallowing in the muck that will really mess ya up. As I said before, there will ALWAYS be bad days... even if there wasn't an addict in your life, even if you weren't getting divorced... there will always be something that goes wrong, something you hate about life. The trick is to put all of those bad things in perspective. And to do that, you have to learn to focus on the good too. Looking for good things reminds us that life isn't all $hit.

So go ahead and **** and moan... and certainly do it to us because this is a very safe place vent it... but know that we won't let you sit in it too long, lest you'll get very stinky! And nobody wants a stinky friend :-)

So, I'll ask you again... what are you grateful for today?

Me... I'm glad it was a holiday and there was no school... I was running way late for work and couldn't afford to get stuck behind a damned old school bus!

:-) Shannon

P.S. There's something to be said about K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)... I used to make life so much more complicated than it needed to be. I thought I had to get myself all figured out, fix myself... yada-yada-yada... and THEN I would finally be happy. The truth was I was fine just the way I was. I didn't need to get all the answers right then, I didn't need to fix myself... I just needed to learn how to sit back and enjoy life. Keep it simple. One step at a time. First things first. All of those little statements, so simple, so unprofound (or so I thought)... and that's exactly what led me to my happy place.

Just a thought... hope something in this rambling helps! Just want the best for you TG!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I
have always said that the only things that I like about me are directly or indirectly related to my ability to make people like me. I'm nice. I'm sweet. Blah blah blah. So tonight I realized that I might be having a hard time coping with this aloneness because I get all of my validation as a person by how nice I can be to other people and whether they approve of me and whether they like me or not.

.....I am left with just me.
even tho our circumstances aren't the same - you are not alone. i somedays feel the way you do. along with recovery, i am getting back into my faith and i too, have nothing really, in the grand scheme of things to really complain about. and i get overwhelmed by all the pain and suffering going on - tend to take it on myself, which is another trait i carry overboard. i am forced to examine ME for the first time and it's hard, like denny said, to be doing it deliberately and consciously.

as you can see by the number of posts on your thread - you are not alone!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hey texas girl
sometimes i just put up the screen of this board up on my laptop, and go about my business in my office and apt., because it is comforting to glance over from time to time and see this screen.

then i know, i am not alone in my journey......i know there are people here who understand what i am going through, and they are just a message away.

like a security blanket, of sorts.....but it works for me. so much better than when i would obsess about xah, and how much i hurt for him.

my goal for today.....i'm going to try to quit referring to him as "my xah, mine, or my lost one".

from this day forward, he is simply "xah"

attaching the my, mine or lost one to my definition of him still carries a term of endearment, which keeps it crappy for me.

so here i go........no more my, mine. at least i'll try.

hoping you can help yourself have a better day
blessings
jeri
Old 11-10-2006, 10:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You know, I am really the living Pollyanna of the world. I swear. I'm the annoying girl who finds the positives in being sick. I'm the girl who sees the bright side in everything. It's downright annoying. But I just can't seem to get around this. Yet anyway. I'm working on it.

I have lots of things I am grateful for. I have my doc's appointment in an hour, and I love going to that...makes me feel great. I am being "forced" to go to a concert tonight with some girls from work...not my style of music, but I appreciate that they want to get me out. My dog was the sweetest thing today, he snuggled with me extra long, and I appreciate him. LOL, my boss is out of the office today.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

All of those are great character traits TG. I'm like that, too (though my posts here may not convey that LOL). My therapist told me there's nothing wrong with it - it's who I choose to trust with it that can get me in trouble.

I like me - and it sounds like you like you, too.

Have fun at the concert.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You have experienced alot of growth and change in a rather short time TG. I'd think it was very normal to feel "out of sorts" a bit. I know for me, it was that way. I'd get "stalled" sometimes. And then I'd pull myself out and trudge on. Every now and then, I still find myself feeling like my life is in "limbo" as I have quite a few unresolved things going on in my life with AH and whatnot - but it's different now than when I felt "stalled".
I suppose this is really just a part of the grief process. One we must go through.
I believe it can and will get better.