Confused/it is court time!

Old 03-20-2003, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Confused/it is court time!

My court date commeth!
Hi everyone.......................
Well in the mail today I received the final notice of my divorce court date. No more wating this out. This county only gives you XXXXX number of days. I am stressed~ The A is running out of patience he says...he wants to come back. I don't know what to do....things have gone well and but think we need more time with our consellor. He may say that is ok as long as I drop the case and opt to stay together...............but what I REALLY hate and I admit it is the paper going away...........it gives me a false sense of security. I know that sounds real strange....but I like him there and me here. I just don't think he truly realizes the damage he did....so they all think once they have gone to AA...detox and etc.....that we just should forget? He is being good about it...I hate to fault him...but when he says one thing off the mark...my head starts to spin and I think damn.................I am setting myself up for hell.
Feeling confused for sure
God Bless America, our troups and all of us!
Love Kitty
Old 03-20-2003, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Kitty,

That's a tough spot. I don't have any good advice. When I'm in this kind of situation I listen really hard for the answer form the HP. I guess the worst that can happen is that you will have to do it over again. I do believe that marriage is important and if there is a chance of saving it and if it continues to move forward and make progress then maybe it would be worth holding off for a time.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-20-2003, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree with MG, Kitty.

If you are simply not ready to make a decision, don't let a deadline force you. Doesn't mean you have to go back with him either. You can just stay where you are for now until you are more secure about what you want.

If you cannot delay it, then I would cancel it for now and do it again later if you choose.

Take your time, do what is right for you, and the heck with the rest of the world and their timetables.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Kitty... I know what a tough decision that is... In California we have what we call a "legal seperation"... It's six months that you are "LEGALLY" seperated and at the end of six months you can proceed with divorce... or it you decide to stay married in six months you become Legally married again!!!! Maybe this is something you can look into?????
Crazy to think how easy it is to get a divorce these days!!! (Paperwise)...
Hugs to you and take it easy... Love clowie
Old 03-23-2003, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Clowie,

I think it is a lot easier to get married than it is to get divorced. I think if there were "waiting periods" for such things as obtaining a marriage license and such, that perhaps people would give marriage more serious thought before they enter into to it. Just my lil' old opinion.
Peace,
Gabe