I truly wish I could discuss my loss

Old 10-23-2006, 02:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I truly wish I could discuss my loss

Unfortunately, it would sound as if I was bragging. And you know what? I would be bragging. I had one of the most romantic and unforgetable weddings you would ever believe - I mean, a truly dream-come-true wedding.

I looked at the album tonight. I can see the beauty of the moment and how I was so caught up in the romance. But that was all it was - smoking mirrors, romance, a moment. Just to briefly describe it: we were married on the Severn River in Annapolis on a 62-foot Hatteras motor yacht. I won't go into more details.

A lot of A's sweep women off their feet, but I think I can say that my AH swept me off my feet and then some! That is where my shock and pain come in over this entire mess. With what I had and what I have, I honestly did not see this coming.

Did any of us REALLY see the mess we would face?

I think I can not only understand my loss of a dream, but I can appreciate a lot of people's pain here better now since I have taken a look back at my broken dream.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Broken hearts and broken dreams seem to go hand in hand. I believe some didn't see it coming and then there are others like me who saw it coming, but didn't want to.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I don't think any of us saw this coming. We all do look back now and say we should of, but that is just because of what we have learned.

Yes, I still remember the look in her eyes as she walked to join me at the alter, it is as though it happened hours ago.

But with all that has happened I still would not change those moments and I take them for what they were, a great point with that person.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Boy, that speaks to me really loudly.

I did see it coming, but I chose not to look (that is a bit embarrassing to admit). I thought love was enough --- and I *was* in love, and thought that would bring us through anything. Maybe it still will... if the inner-strong--man part of my husband can wrestle the alcoholic parts to the ground and get into recovery. If not, I will file away the lovely albums and the pictures and the shattered dreams into the "lesson's learned" part of my emotional luggage.

I'm realizing how easily I could still put all the hurt and the anger to rest, if only he would get in a program and honestly make amends. The day of reckoning is here... I hope he makes a choice that includes me.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

But with all that has happened I still would not change those moments and I take them for what they were, a great point with that person.
Me too. Prod, I choose every day to see the person I loved, underneath the addiction. I can fondly look at memories I have with a man I loved and respect the memories that are nostalgic. I remember the non-nostagic memories too. Those are just as important to my recovery.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

You know what I think the problem is, Prodigal? Television and the movies. They portray most relationships between men and women as something wonderful, magical, and downright easy. Well, life doesn't work that way. It's hard as hell. Sure, we get a few magical moments here and there like the birth of our children or falling in love, but for the most part life is a daily struggle, and so are relationships.

I think we set ourselves up for disappointment when we believe what we see on screen is real and that fairy tale marriages follow fairy tale weddings. Perhaps we should rethink those wedding ridiculous ceremonies as well.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am re living alot of the "dream" and seeing how manipulative and cunning the ex is with someone new. It is me all over again. It is really amazing how there can be someone just like me to replace me. He says and does the exact same things with her. It is really bizarre, it is almost scripted to what is going to happen next. She is totally swept off her feet by his B.S.
I don't know if I could ever be swept of my feet.
I am in a new relationship and it is real, it is peaceful, but it is work, their isn't that gut wrenching obsession with this person.
I think it is ok to be real and stay balanced, you don't need to totally lose yourself to a person, I see now how unhealthy that can be.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Well I thought I would just drop in and browse through and not say a word today but whoa!!! today it is hitting home here prod and lil hello again. WOW if I told you prod about my wedding you would think Fantasy Island Episode ok so that dates me but truly I could relate to every single word. I am so there!