My computer is my best friend??

Old 10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My computer is my best friend??

AH and I went to another marriage counseling session. He's still in a depression, sporadically attending meetings, still uses the tactic of blaming everything on me and the self pity is getting old. Anyway, enough about him. The counselor asked me who my best friend was or even if I had one. Since we've moved here from Buffalo (glad I missed their latest storm lol) I really only met one friend who turned out to be an A who was more of a taker than a giver (surprise) so I ended that relationship. Sure I have friends in Buffalo but one is in the process of planning her wedding which is in two weeks but it's not the same as being there living close to them. So, I answered SR via computer has been my best friend/friends these days. He's going to check it out. Never heard of it and thought it was good to have a place to go to vent and learn through ESH. So, to all of my friends here at SR, just wanted to say thank you for being here for me. I value each and everyone of you and consider you my best friends.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I value each and everyone of you and consider you my best friends.
I feel exactly the same way, Blizzard.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it's the coolest phenomenon that we could pass each other on the street and never know it, yet share the neatest friendships and understanding with each other.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In hindsite, I remember a time where my computer was my escape. My way of escaping my life. I notice that when I'm in a not-so-pleasant or healthy state of mind, I tend to want to escape via the internet. Having been able to acknowledge this has made a world of difference.
Today I use the computer as part of "me time". And in doing that, I've found that there have been times when the computer provided me a life-line of sorts. A line to reach out to others here when I needed you all the most as well as a life line to educating myself and reminding myself of my reality.

The people here on this forum have been a major major part of my life the past few years. I truly have wondered sometimes where I'd be today if I had not stumbled upon this site.

SR and the people here are always on my grateful list.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I think it's the coolest phenomenon that we could pass each other on the street and never know it, yet share the neatest friendships and understanding with each other.
You know, you might recognize me if you saw me walking my fat little pup down the street.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would have to agree also. I am more of a lurker, I dont post much, but I read alot and it has helped me tremendously.

Like you, I dont have any friends where I am living now and it gets lonely, however to know their are so many of us dealing with the same issues is comforting.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mine isn't just my best friend, it's my only friend.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Royalty

My computer is my escape. The more AH drinks, the more I am on here, tuning out. The more I'm on here, the more he complains, and uses that as another reason to drink. I did pose the question to AH once, when he was doing his best rendition of "poor me", I simply asked him "and just WHY do you think I spend so much time on the computer?" but in his drunken stooper, he decided it must be because I have an internet boyfriend.....oh please! I doubt he remembered accusing me of that one the next day, and I have given up explaining myself.

I don't know about everyone else, but I also don't enjoy watching TV very much, never have, so this is my entertainment too. Card games, some war games when I'm in a bad mood are theraputic! And the rest of the time spent learning about alcohol. Not sure if we are allowed to list other sites on here, but when I was at my lowest point, before finding this place, I played Isketch alot. It's like pictionary but online, and extremely addictive. I can quit anytime I want ..... I guess we all have our addictions