Old 03-17-2003, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile It's been a long time.

Hi,
Old 03-17-2003, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

sSomething very strange keeps happening- I tried to post this message, but as soon as I hit the "enter" key to begin the paragraph, it posted it's self before I was done. So anyway, sorry for the "strange" post.

I'm actually not new to this forum, but I haven't participated in a year and a half as my old computer had to be sent back due to my not having sufficient funds to keep it- I got hurt at work and had even less cash around than usual, and it didn't help that the ah was drinking the bank account, including the milk and bread money. So you see, my computer payments had to go.

Anyway, here I am again. This time the computer is MINE- That's one thing he can't take from me- I bought it myself, for my sanity.

After his stint in the local county jail, he didn't drink for a few months, and I kind of got used to it. It wasn't always a pleasant feeling, 'cause in the back of my mind it was always there, that horrid thought " it only takes one to start the ball rolling again".
Self fulfilled prophecy- yup, he started again. Not often, but when he gets going, I know what I'm in for.

I have a backup plan if things get violent again- for now it's only been the verbal abuse, which I try not to respond to, but lately, he's been trying to put me down when he's NOT drinking as well. Spillover? Dry drunk? I don't know, but as I said, I've got a plan in place if I need it. Now, all I need is to save the money to put it in action. It's only a matter of time.

Oh, well. I just thought I'd join in again. Sorry I've been so long-winded, but it's been a long time.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back lj!!

Wonderful that you got yourself a computer! I don't think we met when you were here before, I started last summer, must have missed each other. Glad to meet you now!

Keep plugging away at that plan, it will all fall into place. Stay safe and keep coming back!

Happy return, Constant
Old 03-18-2003, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LJ...
Welcome... and keep posting... Congrads on your new puter!!!! Hugs to you... Your friend in recovery... clowie